Rob Ryan and Romeo Crennel are leading candidates (1 Viewer)

I'm still screaming Todd Grantham

Todd Grantham's 3-4 Variations: Overloads, Gaps, and Numbers - Rocky Top Talk

Jonathan Jenkins looked his best when being allowed to split a gap rather than taking on 2 blocks. Sigh...National signing day is one day away.

I do a lot of guessing but i think im right that we'll go after someone in the college ranks. Hopefully Grantham is the man.

I highly doubt if after reading about his last stint as DC in the NFL.

"Apparently, problems surfaced during Cleveland's October 21 bye week when there was talk that Romeo Crennel could take over the defensive play-calling duties. A welcome change for Browns fans, no doubt, but it wouldn't have done much for Grantham's confidence. It gets weirder, though. Two days ago, before Grantham was canned, the Orange and Brown Report had this:

And just what was the genesis of the problems between Crennel and Grantham? According to several players, none of whom would speak on the record, Grantham "schemed behind RAC's back" in an effort to get him fired before the bye so that he could take over as the interim head coach and, possibly, secure the position for years to come. Additionally, there were "scheme and personnel issues" between not only Grantham and Crennel, but between Grantham and players on the defensive side of the ball. In particular, veterans have been exasperated over Grantham's unwillingness to even listen to input on various defensive issues."
Why the Browns Canned Todd Grantham

After what Payton went thru with Greg Williams the last thing he needs is a coach he can not trust. Parcells is highly recommending Romeo Crennel and if its not him I am sure Romeo will not have anything good to say if Sean Payton asked for his opinion on Grantham.

My fiance's friend is the wife of an anonymous memeber of the Saints staff. I heard her say something about rob ryan on the phone yesterday. Take it for what it's worth. She doesn't know who rob ryan is so that's why it's kind of weird.

My fiance's friend is the wife of an anonymous memeber of the Saints staff. I heard her say something about rob ryan on the phone yesterday. Take it for what it's worth. She doesn't know who rob ryan is so that's why it's kind of weird.

Sike!

Damn...

Sent from my HTC One XL using Tapatalk 2

When was the last time one of the local guys broke a big story? It's always a national guy (usually Glazer) that gets it first. Best we can tell, they were all completely clueless about Bounty Gate up until the story broke nationally. That was kind of a big one going on right under their noses. They've constantly *****ing and moaning about limited access and the secrecy of the organization since '06 and most of their reports are more loosely informed speculation than anything approaching hard news.

I don't know when it was. I didn't pretend to have it so well researched to say something so omnipotent. I do recall reading predictions by local media or scoops that ended up being correct. But I didn't put it out there that they rarely get a scoop. If I did I think I'd at least have some sort of proof to back up what I asserted. But hey, it's been said on the internet by some pseudo expert on local media fallacy so it must be accurate.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom