Rob Ryan and Romeo Crennel are leading candidates (1 Viewer)

With that being said. Id take Grantham and his DB cordinator. Crennel coaching the OLB/Vit ILB and Rob Ryan coaching the Dline..

Thats a nice set of coordinators. Its possible. If Ryan doens't get hired for this job or the eagles job hes basically out of 3-4 d coordinator positions. Meaning he might have to take a position coach job. It would humble him..but it depends on if he can take a backseat.

I think he's already stated it's DC or nothing. He's still on the hook to get paid by Jerry, which he wouldn't give up that pay to be a position coach.

It's pretty obvious this defense responds well to crazy fiery loud coordinators so maybe that's what they need. Plus Ryan runs the one gap system which would leave us with a lot less holes to fill than the 2 gap which Crennel runs. That said I would rather have Crennel but only if he implements the 1 gap system. We can't wait anther year for this defense to turn around, we need immediate improvement.

Ryan also posted a decent defense with half of his team on IR, 19th I believe though I could be wrong. I'd be okay with that.

Rob Ryan is GW light. I doubt we will see him in NO any time soon. I think Sean was waiting for a coach from superbowl sunday

I think he's already stated it's DC or nothing. He's still on the hook to get paid by Jerry, which he wouldn't give up that pay to be a position coach.
If his contract is anything like Crennel's, he would still be owed the difference. Why not take a job that still keeps your name in the public domain and keeps you in the game for the next spot to come open?

I've trusted Brandt's info over the years. We'll see how it turns out.

Im pretty sure Sean wants to talk to just about ever 3-4 DC on the market. He said this process will be very deliberate and thourough

If it so happens to be Rob Ryan, then thats sadly what its gonna be. I trust what the FO does, though it would be a major let down if Ryan was hired to be our DC.

Isn't this the same Rob Ryan who told Dallas that he would have a job in 5 minutes if he was fired? Yeah do not want that guy.

I've had enough of loose cannons and Ryan seems like he's got "loose cannon" written all over him. That may be unfair. He's not in control of the cameras that are ALWAYS focused on him but 3G has just left such a bad taste and we don't need another rogue DC.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom