Rob Ryan assistants and other hirings questions? (1 Viewer)

jeb026

Fan Man
Reaction score
I was gone without wi-fi all weekend. Can anyone please catch me up on what all happened? I know Rob Ryan was hired, but what about his assistants. Also, did anyone else get hired/fired in the last 2 days? Thank you in advance for any info!

We hired Rob Ryan as DC and Stan Kwan as assistant special teams coach

I hope Ryan gets to bring in his own assistants and doesn't have to retread coaches like Spags did

So I know we need a new secondary coach and O line coach. Will we be replacing our D line coach as well and will Rob be choosing those defensive coaches?

We need secondary and O-line. I don't think Bill Johnson or Joe Vitt are going anywhere.

Joe Vitt LB coach. Bill Jihnson DL coach.

Disappointed.

Joe Vitt LB coach. Bill Jihnson DL coach.

Disappointed.

I would not be shocked to see Vitt moved to DB coach. He has experience in that area:

• 88 - 91 Seattle Seahawks (FS/SS)
  • 92 - 94 Los Angeles Rams (DB)
  • 99 Green Bay Packers (DB)

Considering the importance of the LB Corp in the 3-4 D, I would think that Ryan might be concerned enough to ensure that he places someone with experience in his version of that scheme as the LB coach. We know that Vitt is here to stay. That leaves the possibility that he is moved to DB coach.

Just speculation, of course.

As loyal as Coach is to Vitt, he will have to let Ryan bring in certain assistants in order for the 3-4 to work. All indications point to Coach being committed to the 3-4, so it makes sense for him to give Ryan the ability to bring in others. That being said, I don't believe Vitt will be going anywhere.

Payton already screwed the Special Teams by leaving McMahon in charge. Doesn't matter who they brought in underneath him, McMahon to every single Saints fans astonishment is still running the show by some miracle. What a joke.

Let's just pray Payton gives Ryan the freedom to hire whomever he needs assistant wise and freedom to run his show without Vitt/Johnson tampering with the plans. It scares me to no end Vitt is still "coaching" (if you wanna call it that) the linebackers and Johnson is still with the D line. One good thing is Ryan works personally with the LB at times as evident by Ware saying he will miss him and how much he learned from him.

I really hope we hire George Catavolos as our Secondary Coach (I cannot find any news in reference to him being hired yet) .

He has done a stellar job since joining the Bills in 2006. He can be credited with Jairus Byrd's development, transitioning George Wilson from WR to Safety, and drafting/developing Champ Bailey, Dre Bly, and Eric Davis. His unit's pass defense and interception performances (BUF) are also impressive.

Bio

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom