Rob Ryan at UGA pro day -MERGED (1 Viewer)

4.88 is still really slow for a speed rusher even if you are not a work out guy. That's not saying he won't be good, but when you combine bad numbers with his health issues, it could make him fall on draft day. Which may be good for us. Or bad for us if it turns our his health issues are real.

This guy comes off the edge with ridiculous speed. I could care less about his 40 time.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I hope this was yesterday and not today. Why would we schedule a visit with Butler if Ryan wasn't here?

You people make too much out of nothing. The Georgia pro-day has been scheduled for months. And Atlanta is not at the end of the world.

Rob Ryan can easily attend the pro-day, chat with 4-5 prospects, take a flight to New Orleans and be on time to have dinner with Butler.

On the other side, Butler can spend all morning with doctors, Joe Vitt and have dinner with Ryan, Loomis and Payton, or even maybe have a welcome dinner today and leave all the interviews and work for tomorrow.

This guy comes off the edge with ridiculous speed. I could care less about his 40 time.

You didn't read what I wrote did you. I'm not saying he isn't a good player. All I'm saying is that his bad 40 time, along with the Spinal Stenosis, will make his draft stock fall. That could make him fall to us or even lower. Which, if he stays healthy would be good for us. But, if we draft him and he has chronic back problems, like Cie Grant had chronic knee problems, it could be bad for us. I think he will be a very good player, but that's only if he does not have major back issues.

But, I have no idea what his medical reports really show, but I'm sure our medical and scouting staff do.

oh please draft rambo cant wait to get my new Rambo saints jersey
its over johnny its over:worthy:

From what I have read, he simply has been diagnosed with spinal stenosis. That's a narrowing of the column near the top (m4 to m6 IIRC). The thing about stenosis is that no medical study actually has linked people having it being more susceptable to spinal injury. It's just that the medical community suspects that's the case despite the lack of scientific evidence proving it.

Jones, in point of fact, does not have a back injury in the first place, just the stenosis. He's always had it. He had a case of a stinger and everyone started freaking ot over it. Fear of ithe stenosis causing injury is why USC dismissed him, but it never caused any issue throughtout his time at UGA. Despite this, some are still afraid that he is a career ending back injury just waiting to happen - again despite any scientific evidence pointing to it.

I can't believe that im actually going to go ahead and defend Jarvis Jones here :covri:but in the interest of accuracy...

on Stenosis

According to the orthopedist who examined Jones, the true nature of his condition was "either had a very mild incident of spinal cord concussion or merely a stinger that has long since resolved." Severe injury is no longer any greater of a threat than any other player risks when stepping onto an NFL field.
Doctors insist Jarvis Jones is medically cleared for NFL football - Behind the Steel Curtain

And for the record most NFL weakside outside linebackers like Calvin Pace, James Harrison, and Paul Kruger all ran 4.8 40 times or worse.

You didn't read what I wrote did you. I'm not saying he isn't a good player. All I'm saying is that his bad 40 time, along with the Spinal Stenosis, will make his draft stock fall. That could make him fall to us or even lower. Which, if he stays healthy would be good for us. But, if we draft him and he has chronic back problems, like Cie Grant had chronic knee problems, it could be bad for us. I think he will be a very good player, but that's only if he does not have major back issues.

But, I have no idea what his medical reports really show, but I'm sure our medical and scouting staff do.

I wasnt arguing with. Actually quoted u by accident.

You see, here in the year 2013, we have these things called "airplanes." They're pretty neat, you oughta check them out.

My bad. Where I come from we have dictionaries and for some reason I can't find the word "oughta".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom