ROB RYAN has the chance to earn respect from the SAINTS fans (1 Viewer)

mountaineerdude

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Our front office continues to remain adamant with overpaid mediocre defenders in the team ...... It's not rocket to realize that SMITH and VILMA cannot fit in a 3-4 scheme ..... and they are a major cap casualty .... and they are way passed their prime ..... We keep hurting our team by keeping such guys on our defense ..... They have been great leaders to our team but its time to move on ...... The window is closing on this current team ....... I think ROB RYAN should just walk up to MICKEY LOOMIS and SEAN PATYON and tell them, " If you want me to change the defense around, you need to let me chose my own guys on the field. If you wanna still keep those two, they'll have to stay on the sidelines" .... I am glad ELLIS and SHANLE are outta contracts ..... Otherwise LOOMIS would have gonna outta the way to keep those two guys too ..... NO WONDER WE AREN'T ABLE TO WIN ANOTHER CHAMPIONSHIP ....

tomdda

Le Grande Fromarge
Reaction score
I think ROB RYAN should just walk up to MICKEY LOOMIS and SEAN PATYON and tell them, " If you want me to change the defense around, you need to let me chose my own guys on the field. If you wanna still keep those two, they'll have to stay on the sidelines"
I feel pretty certain that SP and ML won't tell RR who to play and who not to play.

SaintsJunkie

BREES HOF
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
yeah, but, they haven't made the team, just because we restructure their deals, you assume we can find better, I think we might be able to also,but if they are the best through the off season then they should play. so keep them around to see if we can find better.

OP

mountaineerdude

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I feel pretty certain that SP and ML won't tell RR who to play and who not to play.
Then why keep these two?? .... Last season SPAGS said that he wanted to keep the veterans for atleast one season which was fair .... he ran a 4-3 base and these guys are fine for that ...... not now though ...

OP

mountaineerdude

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
yeah, but, they haven't made the team, just because we restructure their deals, but if they are the best through the off season then they should play. so keep them around to see if we can find better.
My friend we cant pursue anyone in free agency until we get under the cap figure ..... and these guys have already restructured their contracts last offseason ..... if they refuse to do it again and we keep pushing them, it might get too late ....

Reaction score
Our front office continues to remain adamant with overpaid mediocre defenders in the team ...... It's not rocket to realize that SMITH and VILMA cannot fit in a 3-4 scheme ..... and they are a major cap casualty .... and they are way passed their prime ..... We keep hurting our team by keeping such guys on our defense ..... They have been great leaders to our team but its time to move on ...... The window is closing on this current team ....... I think ROB RYAN should just walk up to MICKEY LOOMIS and SEAN PATYON and tell them, " If you want me to change the defense around, you need to let me chose my own guys on the field. If you wanna still keep those two, they'll have to stay on the sidelines" .... I am glad ELLIS and SHANLE are outta contracts ..... Otherwise LOOMIS would have gonna outta the way to keep those two guys too ..... NO WONDER WE AREN'T ABLE TO WIN ANOTHER CHAMPIONSHIP ....
And what exactly makes you so sure RR isn't in agreement or influencing whatever moves that have been or will be made?

SaintsJunkie

BREES HOF
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My friend we cant pursue anyone in free agency until we get under the cap figure ..... and these guys have already restructured their contracts last offseason ..... if they refuse to do it again and we keep pushing them, it might get too late ....
they will be released if they don't restructure, but the original poster was thinking they would make the team just because they did. oh i see thats you, well don't worry if they don't restructure they won't be kept past mar 12

OP

mountaineerdude

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
And what exactly makes you so sure RR isn't in agreement or influencing whatever moves that have been or will be made?
If thats the case then we stand corrected on the fact that ROB RYAN wasnt the best choice we made ...

blackadder

...from a chicken, bugwit
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Probably not, but looks like they may have told him who his assistants will be.

I'm still holding out hope for a quiet re-shuffle at some point soon.

Reaction score
I hate to be a prick, but dude can you please lay off the caps-lock some? It makes it irritating to read. I know since you're trying to stress your points,maybe you should use alittle bold text here and there or so. The all-caps strains the eyes.

But in regards to your OP, I believe they will give Rob the control he needs. However, if Rob's absolutely sure he didn't want Will or Vilma, don't you think he would've told the FO, "Okay, I really have no use for these guys, and even though the cap hit is large, we can cut them then work around it and get some of my guys I need here"?

Who knows though, he might've told them that but maybe they explained how they can't work around the hit, and they'll let him work and decide how many snaps or sitting they'll do. We simply don't know.

It seems as though if they're not willing to restructure, they might become a casualty, or risk not playing.

fr3sh

A $ A P
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Some games under Gregg Williams, we ran a 3-4 (or a version of it) for the entire game.

I'm not going to write off Smith and Vilma yet. I would definitely like them both back at reduced deals, and the front office feels the same way.

CantonLegend

Best Looking
Reaction score
So what happens if rob ryan comes in and says "give me smith and Vilma back"

What happens if we win 13 more games this year with will smith and Jonathan Vilma starting again?

Will fans ever be happy with our coaches selection

Sometimes i think the only way a player is safe from fans complaints is if they're a future hall of famer

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom