Rob Ryan is back on the market (1 Viewer)

I'll reiterate my previous statements regarding Rob Ryan coming here:
After this past year, the last thing we need is this dude and the baggage he travels with. We just need to keep quiet and get back to work. Rob Ryan will make that impossible.

Having the misfortune to see a lot of Cowgirl games I can at least attest to the defense really not being the issue in Dallas, despite what the media reports. Short fields thanks to offensive turnovers or ineptness led to a lot of the scores given up by their D. Dallas's problem with Wade and recently has remained constant - their offense, namely Tony Romo's ability to blow a game and, as they call him here, 'Red J's ability to call a poor game and mismanaged the clock worse than Les Miles.

All that aside, I don't like the Ryan brothers' mouths, but let's be honest here - SP talks some **** too. Rob is a better option than Romeo, not for ability to coach, but in the sense that we have no personal for RC's 2-gap defense.

Wont be surprised to see him go to the Jets. They are as disfunctional as you can get, so it would be fitting

Come on down Rob.

He is absolutely worth interviewing. His defense was absolutley decimated with injuries, and he still fielded the 19th defense in the NFL. If we had the 19th defense we are in the playoffs.

We don't like him because we are sick of the Buddy Ryan blow hard BS associated with Williams, but Ryan can coach a 3- 4 successfully.

Could the chemisty with Payton fit? I don't know, but they should sit down and talk.

I can't imagine that the Payton would go that direction given the problems that GW caused. Rob and GW learned under Buddy Ryan, king of the bounty.

I have a feeling Payton is either going to go with someone from the Parcells tree (Crennel) or a guy who is primed to get his first coordinator job. Whoever it is, Payton will value loyalty and trust over everything else.

Hell. No. I've seen this guy the past 2 years while living in the DFW area and I do not want him anywhere near my Saints. None of the teams he coached defenses for have made the post season.

He's just awful and over rated

Look at the ranking during his career

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Not sure what to think of him. He took a really good Dallas defense and made them suck but he also had to deal with a ton of injuries this season.

He's nowhere near the top of my list if that's the question.

I know right? His defense shut Drew down. Look at all the times his defense was able to keep a lead late in games. :ezbill::ezbill:

19th in defense in 2011 is beasting? We had a better scoring defense that year.

I understand he had a lot of injuries in 2012 though.

I don't know what his defense was in 2011; it was 19 in2012 with half his players.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom