Rob Ryan is back on the market (1 Viewer)

Gregg Williams is a Buddy Ryan disciple, no? I don't see Payton bringing another one of them. He'll stock to the Parcells tree or take an assistant from a good 3-4 defense

Sorry didn't see the second page but I agree with workhorse almost exactly.

rob is a great coach, Dallas didn't run the ball either , they were like our offense last year. Garrett was the problem, but I think this Wait, is for a superbowl assistant

Well, it make sense. Ryan doesn't run a 4-3 and that's what Fisher has in place in St. Louis. It was a weird coaching hire to begin with.

Now, should we hire him? Probably not. Should we interview him? Heck yes.

We're switching schemes. It's never a bad idea to glean ideas and thoughts from good Football minds.

Come on down Rob.

Guess you got a bad memory bro.

Dallas Defense sucked that year when Wade was fired. Ryan actually out coached Garrett. When that D was healthy, they were beasting, but they lost damn near their whole LB corps and some of the D-line and they took a step back.

He is a gambler though, a lot like Gregg Williams. Can get too cute sometimes and be stubborn. Plus he has a loud mouth.
I don't think this guy has ever had a top 10 defense - seriously.

I don't see this happening at all. Payton just got rid of one Buddy Ryan guy, due to personality conflicts as much as anything else, why would he hire a guy with the same characteristics? Payton is HUGE on not showing emotion when something goes wrong, you think he wants a bloated drama queen from the hair salon ripping off his head set and screaming f-words when the other team converts?

I can't imagine that the Payton would go that direction given the problems that GW caused. Rob and GW learned under Buddy Ryan, king of the bounty.

To me, he is a Gregg Williams starter kit. He's reckless, loud, overconfident, and not what we need.

Well, it make sense. Ryan doesn't run a 4-3 and that's what Fisher has in place in St. Louis. It was a weird coaching hire to begin with.

Now, should we hire him? Probably not. Should we interview him? Heck yes.

We're switching schemes. It's never a bad idea to glean ideas and thoughts from good Football minds.

Rob Ryan, GW3, Nolan (even in SF) run a 3-4, 4-3 hybrid. Its what most offensive coaches say is the hardest thing to scheme for, against. If we got Rob Ryan, I would be extremely happy, because he will bring a team to the dance at some point. It will all depend on if Sean can work with the man. Here is what New Browns Coach Rob Chudzinski had to say when asked about the hardest defense to plan for:

“This is what Chud said to us and frankly this was consistent with all the interviews we did,” Banner said. “Every offensive coach we interviewed we ask them, ‘What is the most difficult thing to play against?’ And the answer in all of those cases was these hybrid 4-3, 3-4, which made it more difficult to know what you were going to be against on any given play.

“So I think it’s clear to say that’s the way the league is headed. We happen to be lucky to think we have a significant number of players that can fit into either a 4-3 or 3-4 and then leave the coordinator the option of being one of these hybrids or committing to either direction.” » Rob Ryan

The scheme GW3 brought to us was what we needed to keep winning championships, we just needed him to be a better person and did not have the talent. Keep in mind, GW3 went away often into a 3-4, though we have been based 4-3 forever. Now, to be based 3-4, and bring in a coach that can run the hybrid, just football alone, is exciteable enough.

Rob is not as vocal as Rex either, so why not give him an interview?

Rob Ryan's near-hiring with the Rams
I dont like his defensive rankings:jpshakehead:

Rob Ryan NFL Rankings as Defensive Coordinator vs. 2012 Rams Rankings

<TABLE><THEAD><TR><TH>Defense</TH><TH>Raiders</TH><TH>Browns</TH><TH>Cowboys</TH><TH class=alt-bg>Rams</TH></TR></THEAD><TBODY><TR class=last><TD>Seasons</TD><TD>2004-2008</TD><TD>2009-2010</TD><TD>2011-2012</TD><TD class=alt-bg>2012</TD></TR><TR class=last><TD>Yards per game</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>16</TD><TD class=alt-bg>14</TD></TR><TR class=last><TD>Points per game</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>18</TD><TD class=alt-bg>14</TD></TR><TR class=last><TD>Pass yards per game</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>21</TD><TD class=alt-bg>15</TD></TR><TR class=last><TD>Net yards per pass attempt</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>25</TD><TD class=alt-bg>18</TD></TR><TR class=last><TD>Interception rate</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>18</TD><TD>28</TD><TD class=alt-bg>10</TD></TR><TR class=last><TD>Sack rate</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>10</TD><TD class=alt-bg>1</TD></TR><TR class=last><TD>NFL passer rating</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>23</TD><TD>27</TD><TD class=alt-bg>14</TD></TR><TR class=last><TD>Total QBR</TD><TD>N/A</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>20</TD><TD class=alt-bg>17</TD></TR><TR class=last><TD>Rush yards per game</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>15</TD><TD class=alt-bg>15</TD></TR><TR class=last><TD>Yard per rush attempt</TD><TD>22</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>21</TD><TD class=alt-bg>19</TD></TR><TR class=last><TD>First downs per game</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>14</TD><TD class=alt-bg>23</TD></TR><TR class=last><TD>Third down rate</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>21</TD><TD class=alt-bg>13</TD></TR><TR class=last><TD>Red zone rate</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>19</TD><TD class=alt-bg>8</TD></TR><TR class=last><TD>Goal-to-go rate</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>19</TD><TD class=alt-bg>14</TD></TR><TR class=last><TD>Defensive EPA</TD><TD>25</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>25</TD><TD class=alt-bg>14</TD></TR></TBODY><TFOOT><TR><TD colSpan=9>Source: ESPN Stats & Information</TD></TR></TFOOT></TABLE>

Keith Butler LB Coach for the Steelers

Dick LeBeau unstudy for years.

much better prospect for sure

Seriously, what are our chances of getting either of those guys? The only real DC out there, still floating, that would fit our new makeup, is Rob. Unless we want to go look at Singletary, who is definitely familiar with the hybrid and ran along with Nolan in SF. Minny may be locking him up though.

I know Romeo runs a 3-4, not sure if he changes it up at all.

Rob Ryan won’t be Rams defensive coordinator
Posted by Josh Alper on January 29, 2013, 11:23 AM EST

APRob Ryan said it would take five minutes for him to land a new job after being fired as the Cowboys defensive coordinator, but the clock’s still ticking and Ryan still doesn’t have a job.

The Rams announced on Twitter Tuesday that Ryan would not be the team’s defensive coordinator in 2013. Ryan was reported to be their choice in early January, something both sides denied, and again last week in a choice that seemed to have more reality behind it. According to the Rams, though, continued discussions with Ryan revealed differences that couldn’t be bridged.

“After extensive conversations regarding defensive philosophy, the Rams and Rob Ryan agreed he was not the right fit for the DC position. The Rams will conitnue the interview process with the club’s other candidates for the defensive coordinator position.”

Ryan ran 3-4 schemes in Dallas and Cleveland while the Rams ran a 4-3 front last season. Whether or not that was the sticking point that made it impossible for the team to move forward with the hire is unclear, but it seems like the likeliest point of conflict. All the focus of their search has focused on Ryan, so we’ll have to see where the Rams go from here.

I guess is was a difference of opinions

Major red flag in my book. Dallas drops him after short stint and now this. Something is going on with Rob.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom