ROB RYAN led defense has never made it to the postseason (1 Viewer)

mountaineerdude

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
ROB RYAN was the RAIDERS, BROWNS and COWBOYS DC and while he was there, these teams have never made it to the playoffs ...... I really hope GIL BRANDT and JAY GLAZER are wrong ..... My first choice was JIM TOMSULA from the 9ers but at this point, its anyone but this guy ...... please SEAN .... dont do this ...

treeduck

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
A fortnight ago when Spags was still DC and it looked like he was set to have another year in NOLA I would have been ecstatic if Rob Ryan had suddenly been brought in to replace him. Now that he's gone though and we can have anyone available, more or less, I don't want Ryan at all. But then what do I know? I'm about a million miles from being an NFL coaching expert.

outvoted

Due to popular demand....
Reaction score
ROB RYAN was the RAIDERS, BROWNS and COWBOYS DC and while he was there, these teams have never made it to the playoffs ...... I really hope GIL BRANDT and JAY GLAZER are wrong ..... My first choice was JIM TOMSULA from the 9ers but at this point, its anyone but this guy ...... please SEAN .... dont do this ...
Raiders, Browns, and Cowboys....... That pretty much goes against your whole argument

treeduck

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Raiders, Browns, and Cowboys....... That pretty much goes against your whole argument
Yeah these teams never make the play-offs no matter who the HC, DC, OC are, mainly because they've had clowns as GMs... :hihi:

glynners

Having my own mardi-gras
Reaction score
SP probably didnt want to rush what is the biggest decision of the upcoming offseason.

brianw37

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
None of those teams have a playoff caliber qb or top 5 offenses... News flash we have a superbowl caliber qb and a top tier offense so your theory holds weight...

Rob ryan would be an awesome addition to THIS staff.

Joodas Avila

MillenniaMMA.com
Reaction score
None of those teams have a playoff caliber qb or top 5 offenses... News flash we have a superbowl caliber qb and a top tier offense so your theory holds weight...

Rob ryan would be an awesome addition to THIS staff.
Thats very true. We were already a play off team with a bad D, but this year we were crap. If we could rank in the middle some where we'd be great. If we ranked in the top 10, we'd be crushing teams.

NOFALCONS10

Not a part of your system
Reaction score
Ryan's defensive rankings:

2004-2012

30th
26th
3rd
21st
26th
31st
21st
14th
19th

What's so hard about interviewing up and comers from established defensive powerhouses like Pittsburgh before going out and signing the first big name that hits the market????:fit2:

SaintFan26

All-Pro
Reaction score
Ryan's defensive rankings:

2004-2012

30th
26th
3rd
21st
26th
31st
21st
14th
19th

What's so hard about interviewing up and comers from established defensive powerhouses like Pittsburgh before going out and signing the first big name that hits the market????:fit2:
Any defense thats around 20th ranked and up will get us where we need to be, switching to the 3-4 and switching coordinators wont magically place the D in the top 15.

NOFALCONS10

Not a part of your system
Reaction score
Any defense thats around 20th ranked and up will get us where we need to be, switching to the 3-4 and switching coordinators wont magically place the D in the top 15.
That isn't even the point!

Why not even bother to conduct interviews with other candidates for cripes sake??? And talk about aiming low, "lets just bring in any old mediocre coordinator" and expect average results. That always ends well.

I mean what could it possibly hurt to interview a few other prominent names around the league? First Spags, now Ryan? The strategy seems to be wait around to see what lousy defensive coordinator gets fired so that we can bring them in. Worked so well with spagnolo right?:idunno:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)