Rob Ryan Poll: Who Wants him? Who doesn't? (1 Viewer)

Do you want Rob Ryan as DC?

• Yes, Rob Ryan is the DC for the Saints

Votes: 153 30.3%
  • No, he is ALL WRONG, I don't want this!!!

Votes: 92 18.2%
  • I've not made my mind up yet

Votes: 169 33.5%
  • I'm still hoping for a mystery candidate to get the job

Votes: 91 18.0%

• Total voters
I'm not thrilled by another Buddy Ryan disciple after what GW did to us. I don't trust this guy, but if Sean thinks he's good enough for us and doesn't foresee any problem then I'll go with SP's gut feeling, but I still am disappointed. I'm wondering if we're having trouble getting coaches because of this bounty BS.

Haven't decided. The pickings are slim this off-season for a D-coordinator, the top choices have either been snatched up early in the game when Payton was still under suspension, or denied chances to interview (49ers).

Right now it seems like it's down to Ryan, and a handful of College guys who are pretty much unknowns.

Ive never played golf. Ok not the best choice of words (Golf looks easy on tv) Im in San Diego however maybe I need to check out a green or two while enjoying this great cali weather

Those guys on TV make every shot look easy. Makes me sick. I'm in Temecula, my wife is a fair weather golfer, my 12 yr. old son is a golfer and my offer still stands if you ever feel like teeing it up sometime we'd be glad to have ya. By the way, I read your posts a lot and you are a good poster, always enjoy reading your opinion.

Seems like my vote for the mystery Candidate lost out.

Tacoes was my next choice.

I didn't want him, but it looks like I don't have a choice in the matter now, doesn't it? I think that he's a solid coordinator with an acceptable record. If the experience with Spags taught us anything it was that a coordinator's record doesn't mean everything.

Until I see some changes in personnel through cuts, free agency, and the draft, I'll continue to be conservative. I'm predicting us to finish at 8-8 and miss the playoffs. I really hope that Ryan and Payton can right this ship but I'm not going to be a wild homer and say we're destined for 19-0 and a Super Bowl victory.

I didn't want him, but it looks like I don't have a choice in the matter now, doesn't it? I think that he's a solid coordinator with an acceptable record. If the experience with Spags taught us anything it was that a coordinator's record doesn't mean everything.

Until I see some changes in personnel through cuts, free agency, and the draft, I'll continue to be conservative. I'm predicting us to finish at 8-8 and miss the playoffs. I really hope that Ryan and Payton can right this ship but I'm not going to be a wild homer and say we're destined for 19-0 and a Super Bowl victory.

I agree. Except with Spags if you look deeper than the surface you'll see his track record wasn't really all that impressive when you took him away from the Giants when they had those great pass rushing Ends in their prime.

Ryan has the experience, and seems qualified. You have to keep in mind he didn't have much to work with in both Cleveland, and Oakland two franchises that have been perpetually stuck in the gutter this decade, he did average when he came to Dallas, but are we settling for average? I think we need to give him a chance and see what he can establish.

I'll be cautiously reserved about our expectations for this season, I just want to see improvement and at least we are making an effort to address issues this off-season.. But we also have to remember we are in relative cap hell, so we have to yet again dig ourselves out of another mess.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom