Rob Ryan Poll: Who Wants him? Who doesn't? (1 Viewer)

Do you want Rob Ryan as DC?

• Yes, Rob Ryan is the DC for the Saints

Votes: 153 30.3%
  • No, he is ALL WRONG, I don't want this!!!

Votes: 92 18.2%
  • I've not made my mind up yet

Votes: 169 33.5%
  • I'm still hoping for a mystery candidate to get the job

Votes: 91 18.0%

• Total voters

treeduck

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Since we're not going to find out for a few more days probably, I thought it might be interesting to see how many are in favour of Ryan and how many are not, since he is still the leading candidate.

:rasta:

I'm still not convinced either. I had to vote no.

Problem is there's no clearcut preferable candidate. Romeo was the closest to this for me, but with him out of the running, they all have their pros and cons.

So I voted undecided. When SP and ML make their choice, I'll be behind it 100%.

I'm hoping for mr. mystery candidate. He can't be worse than grantham or ryan, and i'm not sold on either of those two. We'll see what'll come up

I voted for Ryan. I don't know why there is so much backlash against him as a DC sure you might not like the way he runs his mouth to the media and I get that. The one thing I learned from his time in Dallas is that he was able to work with a defense that was plagued by a ton of injuries and still made them a decent defense.

I agree there is no clear cut candidate, and everyone brings something to the table. Either way people our defense will be better than last year Book it!

There's no reason to not support a Rob ryan hire

He would bring some fire back to the defense. He isn't known for having Super Bowl defenses or hall of fame schemes but he's a pretty good coach that knows how to get the most out of his players

He designed the chaos defense that beat us in Cleveland so it's not like he isn't creative or willing to think outside the box

He's not my first choice but he's not a bad choice

He's a clown with a mediocre record of starting off decent and then falling off real fast wherever he goes. His rep is more based off his name and that he's in the media a lot because he's a clown. Name recognition and public relations goes far with some people and he's made a career of it. Media loves him because he's a clown and that keeps his name floating around (that and being the son of Buddy). I'd love to be shown up on this but until I see results, I gotta go with "no".

I voted for Ryan. I don't know why there is so much backlash against him as a DC sure you might not like the way he runs his mouth to the media and I get that. The one thing I learned from his time in Dallas is that he was able to work with a defense that was plagued by a ton of injuries and still made them a decent defense.

I agree there is no clear cut candidate, and everyone brings something to the table. Either way people our defense will be better than last year Book it!

I agrree i voted for Ryan i think at this late in the game he is the best canidate.

There's no reason to not support a Ron ryan hire

He would bring some fire back to the defense. He isn't known for having Super Bowl defenses or hall of fame schemes but he's a pretty good coach that knows how to get the most out of his players

He designed the chaos defense that beat us in Cleveland so it's not like he isn't creative or willing to think outside the box

He's not my first choice but he's not a bad choice

I think that Scott Fujita probably had more to do with the defense that beat us than Ryan did. Ryan is not a guy that I want, but if Payton thinks he's the best guy than so be it.

No way is Ryan a good hire....been in the league long enough to have a good track record....and he doesn't....none of his teams as DC have made the playoffs....

Right now the Saints D needs some swagger back. Ryan can provide that swagger. I don't knoiw much about Grantham, and fans who watched the Bulldogs D last year are not enthusiastic about his defense.

So I went with Ryan. I think he is the best candidate under the circumstances.

he's got the lineage and he tootered under some of the best and he would now have the best offense in the league. but the biggest reason is he should have a large chip on his shoulder also!

I voted Ryan. I think he is the best candidate at this point. And I like the fact that he will bring passion with him, that seems to be something this defense lacked last season. And having the best offense on the other side of the ball will only help him be successful here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom