Rob Ryan: "This Secondary Is Extremely Talented" (1 Viewer)

mvtrucking

Administrator
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
snews.gif

Full Story – New Orleans Saints.Com

How do you work towards a more aggressive approach to the defense then it was last year? How do you begin to instill that kind of culture during a mini camp like this? Is there a way to do that?
"Well the first thing is we are working against the number one offense in football. They have the (some of the) best coaches. I think Sean Payton, Pete Carmichael, and (Joe) Lombardi are three head coaches. So we have our work cut out for us not just coachingwise but playingwise. There’s a lot of talent over there. We have to do a better job than what we did today. We had some substitution problems which seems to always follow me on the first day of a minicamp but that’s just who I am. We will run multiple personnel groups and sometimes it takes a couple of days to figure that out, but I am excited with our guys. They play hard and have been well-coached so it’s an easy transition."

What has Rufus Johnson showed you so far?
"He is doing well. He is a big, young kid and he has a lot to learn. We are playing this young kid from Tarleton State and changing positions is the first thing he is doing. So, he has a lot on his plate but talent wise and physically, this kid is going to be good."

By New Orleans Saints.Com

Full Story – New Orleans Saints.Com

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom