Rob Ryan to Speak Tune In (1 Viewer)

Javon7143

InYourFace
Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Rob Ryan is about to chat with @<a href="https://twitter.com/wwlamfm">wwlamfm</a>. Listen live here: <a href="http://t.co/EL8OQOflTU" title="http://bit.ly/WWLRadio">bit.ly/WWLRadio</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Saints">#Saints</a></p>&mdash; New Orleans Saints (@Saints) <a href="https://twitter.com/Saints/status/327536304210464768">April 25, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sorry can't bare to listen to WWL... free rep for anyone who can stand to listen and recap here.

What are plans at NT?

Got 2 really good players in Bunk and Hicks. Might improve in draft but excited about guys on roster

Why not much to say lately?

Part of a great organization with Payton, right now, not much to say just alot to do.

Noted for coaching 3-4 over 4-3. Why?

Multiplicity. If you stay in one front all day, you're gonna get had. All top defenses are doing it now.

Talk to Rex much? Any idea what he's gonna do?

Lost Revis, talked about that. Family stuff. Should be fun to see what he's gonna do.

Any chance of going back to 46 Defense?

46 is always part of package. Is part of the plan, excelled players there that have done well in a pressure system before.

Asked about LB's

Excellent LB's . Lofton gonna be a pro bowler in any system. Talked about being excited about Vilma.. he is the talk of the weight room. Wants to get him back to where he was. Feels good about OLB's. Galette, Butler..." only person that can keep Butler off the QB is me". Encouraging stuff on Wilson. If you watch the tape, you'll realize we have good prospects there.

He mentioned Galette, Wilson, Butler, and Will Smith as linebackers.

He said he's the only person who could keep Butler off the QB.

He also said that the Saints have a lot of LBers nobody knows about but there is a lot potenial/good prospect there.

Did I mention he said Will Smith is an OLB?

Will Smith as an OLB.

Will Smith as an OLB.
Will Smith as an OLB.
Will Smith as an OLB.
Will Smith as an OLB.
Will Smith as an OLB.
Will Smith as an OLB.

Caught the tail end (talking about 3-4 and LBs):

RR: "Only person that can keep Victor Butler off the QB is me."
Excited for Galette. Lofton is going to be a pro-bowler. Vilma is the talk of the weight room. Leader on and off the field, etc.

RR was asked why he prefers the 3-4 over the 4-3: "Multiplicity."

Good interview. One thing that stood out to me was that he stated that he felt we had good rushers at backer, and mentioned Victor Butler, Junior Galette, Martez Wilson, and then he said Smith. Now, if Smith is an OLB, that might mean we go DE early. Just something that I caught.

And I loved his line about Butler: "The only person that can keep him off a QB is me."

If he view Smith as a OLB and Hicks as a NT, then DE is a HUGE hole for us. I listed Lotulelei as my favorite player I'd like the Saints to draft, and now I feel even better about it.

He also said that the Saints have a lot of LBers nobody knows about but there is a lot potenial/good prospect there.

Yes, as I heard it as well. As I said in my previous post, it certainly makes me wonder if DE becomes an early target for us. Akiem Hicks can certainly play DE but if Smith is put at OLB, then it means that we have to take a NT and/or DE. You can take a nose like Brandon Williams and that allows you to play Hicks at DE. Tom Johnson can then back him up. But if Hicks stays at NT, then DE becomes a bigger need.

Will Smith as an OLB.

Will Smith as an OLB.
Will Smith as an OLB.
Will Smith as an OLB.
Will Smith as an OLB.
Will Smith as an OLB.
Will Smith as an OLB.

Hahahaha, I actually missed the part about Will Smith being an OLB lol. It was THE VERY LAST THING he said lol. It came out quite ... mum lol, like he didn't want anyone to hear it.

Will Smith as an OLB.

Will Smith as an OLB.
Will Smith as an OLB.
Will Smith as an OLB.
Will Smith as an OLB.
Will Smith as an OLB.
Will Smith as an OLB.

We've heard this on more than one occasion. The staff must have seen something over the years that lets them believe that he can play the position. He did run a 4.6 at the combine but we don't know how much of that speed is retained. If he loses some weight, I'm actually curious to see how this plays out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom