Rob Ryan understudy Matt Eberflus is key (1 Viewer)

Well, we let Williams bring his son when he was hired, so I don't see why this would be a big deal.

i agree let ryan bring his own guys.vitt can help with lbs and game planning.im still not sold on ryan. think his mouth makes him overrated.

If Rob Ryan gets the job the icing on the cake will be having this guy as our LB coach. Not only did he do a good job coaching the LBs at the NFL level, he seemed to be a helluva Defensive Backs/Defensive Coordinator at the collegiate level. Seems to be excellent teacher.

"In 2007, Eberflus' defense was at, or near, the top of the Big 12 in nearly every major defensive category. For his efforts, Eberflus was twice recognized as the National Defensive Coordinator of the Week. Eberflus' safeties Pig Brown and William Moore were recognized as the National Defensive Player of the Week and Moore was an Associated Press 2nd-Team All-American (1st-Team All-American by Rivals.com), respectively.
As the 2007 season progressed, Eberflus' safeties continued to improve, even when Brown was lost for the remainder of the season in game number eight to a season-ending injury. In spite of the loss, the secondary continued their improvement, and Moore served notice that the senior-to-be will be one of the nation's best safeties in 2008. Moore claimed Cotton Bowl Defensive MVP honors for his outstanding play as he helped lead the Tigers to a 38-7 rout of Arkansas."
Player Bio: Matt Eberflus - MUTIGERS.COM - The University of Missouri Official Athletic Site

"Eberflus' safeties Pig Brown and William Moore were recognized as the National Defensive Player of the Week"

Just realized William Moore is a free agent this year..:scratch: Maybe he will want to join his college coach and former teammate Lofton in the Big Easy! I say we try to trade Harper if we have a shot at getting Moore.

A lot of 3-4 teams have an ILB Coach and an OLB Coach. We can assume that structure, making Vitt ILB Coach and this guy OLB Coach.

Is Vitt that great a LB coach we cannot hire an OLB coach? I think not! I think ILB and Assistant head coach are acceptable for Vitt and we can bring the young Ryan disciple on board. I love the concept I think it's much needed!!!

Looks like Eberflus played for Nick Saban at Toledo. There is that Belichick/Parcells connection again.

"After receiving Pinkel’s permission — a stipulation of his MU contract — Eberflus flew to Cleveland on Wednesday and underwent 13 hours of interviews between Ryan and first-year Browns Coach Eric Mangini. As the night spilled into Thursday morning, Mangini offered Eberflus the job.

It was reported elsewhere that Eberflus’ relationship with Alabama Coach Nick Saban factored into his hiring, but that connection appears unrelated. Saban, Eberflus’ college coach at Toledo during the 1990 season, has a longstanding friendship with Mangini."
Eberflus surprised by Browns - Columbia Daily Tribune : MU Football

Only one problem.. when the Cowboys fired Ryan, they retained the services of Eberflus and Henderson.. the two guys he brought with him from the Browns. They are both still under contract. They would both be making a strictly lateral move, so there is almost no chance that Jerry lets either or both of them walk.

..Unless Payton can find a certain bottle of wine.. :scratch:

Only one problem.. when the Cowboys fired Ryan, they retained the services of Eberflus and Henderson.. the two guys he brought with him from the Browns. They are both still under contract. They would both be making a strictly lateral move, so there is almost no chance that Jerry lets either or both of them walk.

..Unless Payton can find a certain bottle of wine.. :scratch:

But they also made every assistant interview with Monte Kiffin to keep there job...I am sure that could be a breach of contract on the cowboys part. They also could be a clause in his contract that states if Rob Ryan is fired his contract is also terminated. If all else fails just start showing up late for work or call in sick alot and see how much they really want to keep paying you.:hihi:

"The fate of the current defensive staff is in Kiffin’s hands. Defensive line coach Brian Baker, linebackers coach Matt Eberflus, secondary coach Jerome Henderson and assistants Leon Lett (defensive line) and Joe Baker (secondary) will all be required to interview before determining if they have a spot on the new staff."
NFL veteran Monte Kiffin agrees to be Cowboys' defensive coordinator | Dallas Cowboys News - Sports News for Dallas, Texas - SportsDayDFW

I am sure if Matt Eberflus tells Jerry he is not happy with the current situation with switching defenses to the 4-3 and he no longer wants to coach in Dallas they would allow him to leave. Its not like Monte Kiffin is going to have trouble finding a LB coach that is familar with his Tampa 2 system.

What about the other Ryan assistants? I notice Brian Baker Ryan's D-line coach has been replaced at Dallas. Eberflus, Leon Lett (defensive assistant), Jerome Henderson (secondary) and Ben Bloom (linebackers) are all still listed as Cowboys coaches.

But they also made every assistant interview with Monte Kiffin to keep there job...I am sure that could be a breach of contract on the cowboys part. They also could be a clause in his contract that states if Rob Ryan is fired his contract is also terminated. If all else fails just start showing up late for work or call in sick alot and see how much they really want to keep paying you.:hihi:

"The fate of the current defensive staff is in Kiffin’s hands. Defensive line coach Brian Baker, linebackers coach Matt Eberflus, secondary coach Jerome Henderson and assistants Leon Lett (defensive line) and Joe Baker (secondary) will all be required to interview before determining if they have a spot on the new staff."
NFL veteran Monte Kiffin agrees to be Cowboys' defensive coordinator | Dallas Cowboys News - Sports News for Dallas, Texas - SportsDayDFW

I am sure if Matt Eberflus tells Jerry he is not happy with the current situation with switching defenses to the 4-3 and he no longer wants to coach in Dallas they would allow him to leave. Its not like Monte Kiffin is going to have trouble finding a LB coach that is familar with his Tampa 2 system.

It could be that Ryan has other assistants from other gigs in mind to bring with him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom