Rob Ryan understudy Matt Eberflus is key (1 Viewer)

jokerface

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
If we end up hiring Rob Ryan we will also get Matt Eberflus LB coach and thought to be one of the best young defensive minds in the NFL. That was one of the main reasons Rob Ryan turned down the job with the rams was because he could not bring his top assistants with him. They said Matt Eberflus is like his son and basically around cowboys ranch, if you saw one then you saw the other.

"Defensive coordinator Rob Ryan is the man in charge of the Cowboys new defense. But he is the first to tell you that linebackers coach Matt Eberflus is the brains behind the operation.Ryan thinks so highly of Eberflus that he calls him the "DeMarcus Ware of coaches."Ware, who is considered the best pass rusher in the league, certainly knows why."He changes stuff everyday," Ware said. "He is really well rounded on how to put players in certain positions to succeed. He knows offenses and how to attack them."
Cowboys Corner: Ryan calls linebacker coach Matt Eberflus the DeMarcus Ware of coaches

I doubt Payton would fire Vitt (and he shouldn't) but maybe make him strictly assistant HC and give linebackers to Eberful.

I doubt Payton would fire Vitt (and he shouldn't) but maybe make him strictly assistant HC and give linebackers to Eberful.

I don't think payton will fire vitt but he will give him a different area to coach. Rob Ryan did not take the Rams job that has a young defense that led the NFL in sacks because he could not bring his top assistants with him. I do not see him accepting the job of overhauling the Saints defense from a 4-3 to a 3-4 without having guys he knows and trust to teach the 3-4.

Could Vitt take over DBs?

I guess those years leading defenses at Toledo and Mizzou may come in handy after all. I didn't realize little Matt was that big time. Congrats.

If we end up hiring Rob Ryan we will also get Matt Eberflus LB coach and thought to be one of the best young defensive minds in the NFL. That was one of the main reasons Rob Ryan turned down the job with the rams was because he could not bring his top assistants with him. They said Matt Eberflus is like his son and basically around cowboys ranch, if you saw one then you saw the other.

"Defensive coordinator Rob Ryan is the man in charge of the Cowboys new defense. But he is the first to tell you that linebackers coach Matt Eberflus is the brains behind the operation.Ryan thinks so highly of Eberflus that he calls him the "DeMarcus Ware of coaches."Ware, who is considered the best pass rusher in the league, certainly knows why."He changes stuff everyday," Ware said. "He is really well rounded on how to put players in certain positions to succeed. He knows offenses and how to attack them."
Cowboys Corner: Ryan calls linebacker coach Matt Eberflus the DeMarcus Ware of coaches

So if Payton doesn't agree to hire this Eberflus then no Ryan? Just like the Rams?

I wonder if Grantham wants his own people too? :scratch:

A lot of 3-4 teams have an ILB Coach and an OLB Coach. We can assume that structure, making Vitt ILB Coach and this guy OLB Coach. If he was not still employed by Dallas.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom