Robert Meachem 27th pick (1 Viewer)

mikaelaustin

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
ok so looking back at the year the jury is still out on last years 27th pick in the draft. if you had your time over who would you pick now with the 27th. I think i'd have to say i'd go with Arizona's 33rd Alan Branch.

seeing how we are desperate for DT's and it now looks like we will be too late to take one with the 10th.

robsmith32

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
then we would be taking a lesser reciever than robert meachem with the 10th pick this year.. if we didnt' grab him last year.

bigfan

Reaction score
branch....yes...or even houston CB...wasn't he available? ahhh!

bigfan

Reaction score
we didn't need a WR....we took best available.....we thought we were at circuit city but we found out we were at wal-mart.............gotta hate that!

OP
OP
mikaelaustin

mikaelaustin

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
it seems the the FO always thinks this team is in a better place than it is. just like alot of people think trading up in this years draft to get ellis would be a good idea even if it means we loose a 3rd.

JOElittleBIGhorn

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Branch didn't do a whole lot last year. I still like the Meachem pick, so I would stick with it. However, if I have to choose a different player, I would look at Eric Weddle, Paul Posluszny, Tony Ugoh, Tanard Jackson, or trading up for Beason or Ross, or if you're really looking to trade up high, Willis or Revis.

BigBuddy

High Five!
Reaction score
then we would be taking a lesser reciever than robert meachem with the 10th pick this year.. if we didnt' grab him last year.

... and who exactly is meachem a greater receiver than, based on what he's shown us fans so far in the nfl?

no one.

if i could go back and hypnotize loomis, i'd have him take eric weddle

bigfan

Reaction score
ok well...we will disagree.........ellis........at 8.........means we MUST trade up because its a 2 fer 1 .....better pass rush automatically makes for a better pass D........sorry, we must not pass on that.....higher than 8? uh yea...pass the dutchy!

robsmith32

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
... and who exactly is meachem a greater receiver than, based on what he's shown us fans so far in the nfl?

no one.

if i could go back and hypnotize loomis, i'd have him take eric weddle

he's proven as much as anyone eligible in the draft this year. by far.

Spoozer

Introvert
Reaction score
Paul Posluszny is the pick I would probably make at this point, as he was doing great with the Bills before his injury. We shouldn't come to any conclusions yet about Meachem though, because he could come in and suprise exactly like this one receiver we drafted...what was his name? Marques Colston.

jboydrive

Reaction score
this pick the best player idea is really an illusion. cause most of the draft is a gamble to see if your guy succeeds. So you really don't know who is the best player available.

AARPSaint

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
he's proven as much as anyone eligible in the draft this year. by far.

Very interesting comment. Maybe the front office was looking ahead to this year with its relatively weak class of wide receivers. That could be giving them too much credit. However, they missed the boat for last year by not drafting defense. The 2006 defense seems to have overachieved, and the front office did not recognize it. The need to replace Joe Horn apparently superseded the greater need for shoring up the defense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom