Robert Osborne, 84, TCM host, R.I.P. (1 Viewer)

PayOrPlay

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I don't know how many readers of this board are frequent viewers of Turner Classic Movies, but I always seem to discover that there there are more of them (us) than one might guess, and it's not all old folks like me.

For anyone who cares about popular cinema as a literary heritage, and in particular fans of the no-commercials wonder that is TCM, Robert Osborne was the face of that channel, and a walking embodiment of the pleasure people can get from movies.

He had a long career as a film industry chronicler and celebrant. His death was not really a surprise since he had been less and less visible over the past few years, but he will be missed.

Robert Osborne Dead: TCM Host Was 84 | Variety

Robert Osborne dead at 84, movie connoisseur who offered fascinating history as host of Turner Classic Movies - LA Times

Love him and the channel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoodBye Sir...

I always enjoyed his little stories about a movie before it aired...

Dang it.

He was great at his job. Like Joe, I always enjoyed his side stories about these old movies we would watch.

My wife brought it up but, first time I met her she was hanging out with a guy who was interested in her, watching "His Girl Friday" on TMC hosted by Robert Osborne. She left with me though, and not the guy she was watching the movie with.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom