Robert Quinn Meeting with Saints Monday 3/25/19 (Update: Reports deal 'in place' for Quinn to Cowboys) (1 Viewer)

We have two 5's and two 6's this year. Not to mention our day 3's in 2020. In my opinion, we have more than enough ammo to land Quinn. As stocked w/talent as this draft is at EDGE, DT, WR, TE, etc, no one we draft on day 3 would/could have the instant impact a dude like Quinn would bring to the team. Quinn is an established talent who has proven success in the league. Can not say that about any rook, not matter how they look coming into the league. Even in an off year on an a crap team, Quinn still managed to out pace our our next best EDGE/DE by quite a bit. I can imagine those numbers improving opposite Cam and and the rest of our D by at least half. Plus, he's only 28. He's a year younger than Cam. In my opinion, landing Quinn would be the biggest move of our offseason. On my knees to football gods...PLEASE! You let the evils of this crooked league rob us all of a championship. Lets us have Robert Quinn, my lords! Bless us w/this mighty gift!
I think Cook will have a bigger impact, but Quinn + Brown could give him a run for his money. Would be an amazing offseason if we can land Quinn, no matter what happens in the draft.

I wish Loomis or somebody would make something happen with Quinn & Cook. All this waiting and wondering is driving me up the walls. I'm refreshing the board once every 30 minutes hoping to see something. Once we get Quinn & Cook signed we can wrap up FA and put all efforts towards the draft.

Like I said a couple weeks ago.

It's not going to take as much as people think to land Robert Quinn. Just look at AB84, because Oakland had to offer AB a new Contract, the value goes down, when it comes to capital.

It's only gonna take a late round pick and a new contract. Obviously the Saints have discussed this with Miami, and I believe it's all up to Rober Quinn, and were he wants to go. It's either us or Dallas.

Well right now Miami is letting everyone go.

No he is still a valuable pass rusher, and actually showed tremendous improvement in run defense last year.

Still young and in the prime of his career. Ultimately if he comes here, he becomes part of the rotation, and a little insurance in case of injury.

This has the makings to be one of the best moves of free agency. If we are able to land him, and if he is able to stay healthy

No he is still a valuable pass rusher, and actually showed tremendous improvement in run defense last year.

Still young and in the prime of his career. Ultimately if he comes here, he becomes part of the rotation, and a little insurance in case of injury.

This has the makings to be one of the best moves of free agency. If we are able to land him, and if he is able to stay healthy

Did I say he wasn't? Maybe you quoted the wrong person. He's not in Miami's plans because he's 29 years old and they're rebuilding. They're trying to get all the draft picks they can especially for aging veterans.

How would y’all feel if Loomis traded Bridgewater to Miami for Quinn and/or a pick?

Would y’all think “Loomis gonna Loomis” and strut out the room, or would y’all think it was a crappy thing to do to resign him just to trade him back to the team he chose the Saints over?

A healthy and motivated Quinn (at this stage in his career) is an upgrade over Okafor IMHO

Definitely as far as pass-rushing.

Okafor was a top-level rush defender at the position. Quinn struggled in Miami, but I also don’t think they let him play to his strengths (pass-rushing) with the wide-9.

Our vision for him, I presume, will be much more tailored to what he does best.

How would y’all feel if Loomis traded Bridgewater to Miami for Quinn and/or a pick?

Would y’all think “Loomis gonna Loomis” and strut out the room, or would y’all think it was a crappy thing to do to resign him just to trade him back to the team he chose the Saints over?

That’s not how it works.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom