Robertson and Vilma research (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Does anyone know how D. Robertson's and J. Vilma's contracts are structured? If D. Robertson's contract is structured like most first round draft choices, his last year should be voidable, which means this would be his last year under contract. If that were the case, NO could trade Jon Stinchcomb for D. Robertson. Both teams would have a need met, and neither team would have to take a cap hit for the trade. I also propose NO trading their second round pick for J. Vilma. NO would have to extend both Robertson and Vilma, but with $30 million to spend, they could extend both of them, as well as W.Smith, J. Evans, and M. Colston; they would also be able to re-sign J. Faine. Taking these actions would allow NO to aim for a CB in round 1 and complete their defense while keeping the offense intact. What do you guys think of this trade? Is there even a slight chance that NO's office would look at it? Thanks.

Vilma just had micro surgery, his career may be over!!! I know we're desperate for LBs but I want them to at least be able to get on the field.

Vilma = Cie Grant at this point unless we get a seriously good report on him in the next few months.

From what I heard he has a bone disorder in his knee that could keep him injured or injury prone for the rest of his career. We don't need a LB with glass knees.

Vilma just had micro surgery, his career may be over!!! I know we're desperate for LBs but I want them to at least be able to get on the field.

I didn't realize Vilma's injury was that dramatic...so how about Stinchcomb for Robertson?

I didn't realize Vilma's injury was that dramatic...so how about Stinchcomb for Robertson?

I remember reading somewhere that Robertson also has knee issues.

Though, if we could get ANYTHING for Stinchcomb, I'd be happy.

only thing that i've seen on vilma' surgery was things saying that i could have been.. nothing affirmative.
just like all the crap this past weekend about charles grant possibly shooting and killing a pregnant girl... well come to today, and all he's an innocent victim of the fight, not a willing participant, nor the shooter.
it's a possibility that if we somehow draft dorsey or ellis that they would become a like sullivan, once they get that big contract they bee working for to get.
it's also possible that they come in and totaly redefine whoever drafts them defensive line.

You guys do realize that a trade cant be finalized if a player doesnt pass a physical......right? so micro fracture surgery or not, if the Saints wanna take a look at him, there is no harm in doing so.

I just heard on a radio show that Jason Kidd had microfracture surgery a few years ago and he has not had any problems. Its a different sport but the knee still take a pounding and he still has to be able to turn and rotate quickly. Just an FYI if Vilma did have that procedure.

Does anyone know a site where we could find the specifics of Robertson's contract? I truly believe this is a feasible trade...

Some opinion's about Robertson:

http://www.thejetsblog.com/?p=3308

I couldn't find the terms of his contract but it seems that are pretty hefty for a trade to be made. Robertson has been a major dissapointed during his career. It is true that he is not suitable to play the nose in a 3-4 alignement (as he had the last two years) but previously he wasn't very successful either.

Still, there is better value in a defensive tackle then a right tackle. The trade value between Robertson and Stitchcomb is not even close, and actually, I don't see a great improvement for the Jets to get Stitchcomb to substitute Anthony Clement. Both Clement and Stitchcomb are similar players so I don't see why the Jets would be interested to make such a trade.

Why not get Coles and Pennington while we are in NY?

Heh. I'd take Pennington as a back-up to Brees.

Look, Vilma is worth a look over by the Saints, and the status of his knee injury will affect his trade value. However, he might be better suited in the AFC West where all the teams play their games on natural grass.

Robertson is an interesting prospect, but again, his value is going to be pretty limited. He has struggled with the Jets, so the buyer can set the level of his value, not the seller.

I'd consider him "plan B" if Corey Williams is unavailable, and he can be had cheaply.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom