Robertson to the bengals has been called off (1 Viewer)

benjee

Reaction score
isn't this something? first rogers, now dwayne robertson..should we try to make a move to get him?

A deal that would've sent Jets DT Dewayne Robertson to the Bengals in exchange for fourth- and fifth-round picks has reportedly been called off.
It's the second deal for a big interior tackle Cincinnati has missed out on. It's believed the trade hinged on Robertson agreeing to a long-term contract with the Bengals. The Jets will likely continue to shop the 26-year-old.
-per rotoworld.

CajunSaint

Hall of Famer
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
From what I read, Robertson is due nearly 9 Million dollars in 2009, and he is unwilling to negotiate a new deal. I also read that he is a due a 3 million dollar roster bonus in June, so the chances are, he will end up getting cut by the Jets before that bonus becomes due.

That being said, i wouldnt go chasing after this guy.

SaintsJunkie

BREES HOF
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We might offer a 4th , he would be great with Dorsey, but Dorsey will go to the Bengals if he is there now.

I heard 11 million, but now they will get desperate with kris jenkins on board.

d3vanj

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
and once again our chances at getting ellis/dorsey get slimmer and slimmer

Conrad

Reaction score
We should go after Robertson I still doubt that either Ellis or Dorsey fall too us and Robertson is a solid 4-3 3technique that we need.

basilisk

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
they'll end up paying him or trading him for squat... if he won't renegotiate i don't see how we can make a play for him

c_prej

On the Waiting List
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
i would like to go after him a 4th and 5th next year sounds good to me.

Saint James

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
From what I read, Robertson is due nearly 9 Million dollars in 2009, and he is unwilling to negotiate a new deal. I also read that he is a due a 3 million dollar roster bonus in June, so the chances are, he will end up getting cut by the Jets before that bonus becomes due.

That being said, i wouldnt go chasing after this guy.
Yeah, if they were willing to ship a #4 overall to an AFC competitor for a 4th and 5th round pick...they're not high on him, and they don't want his salary.

If they don't want him that much there's a good chance they'll be forced to cut him soon.

JOElittleBIGhorn

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I can't remember who the Bengals GM is, but I really hate him right now. Your incompetence is astounding. It would be great if you could actually get a trade to go through. Try again.

natedog

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
What has Robertson done in this league so far in this league to warant any kind of draft pick for him other than his position were he was picked in the draft.

REALCHRISM

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
and once again our chances at getting ellis/dorsey get slimmer and slimmer
Not really...Dorsey and Ellis could both be available at #9 and #10, respectively. I think we will end up with Dorsey.

RockyMtnSaint

Gonzo Moderator
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
From PFT:

The sticking point was Cincy's insistence that Robertson re-do a contract that is set to pay him $9.8 million in 2008. Unless and until the Jets find a team for whom Robertson is willing to take a haircut, the likelihood is that Robertson eventually will be cut before a $3 million roster bonus comes due in June.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom