Robertson to the bengals has been called off (2 Viewers)

From PFT:

The sticking point was Cincy's insistence that Robertson re-do a contract that is set to pay him $9.8 million in 2008. Unless and until the Jets find a team for whom Robertson is willing to take a haircut, the likelihood is that Robertson eventually will be cut before a $3 million roster bonus comes due in June.

From PFT:

The sticking point was Cincy's insistence that Robertson re-do a contract that is set to pay him $9.8 million in 2008. Unless and until the Jets find a team for whom Robertson is willing to take a haircut, the likelihood is that Robertson eventually will be cut before a $3 million roster bonus comes due in June.

that being said, why would anyone give up a draft pick for him. He is going to be cut

I can't remember who the Bengals GM is, but I really hate him right now. Your incompetence is astounding. It would be great if you could actually get a trade to go through. Try again.

According to the Bengals site he is due a salary of $9.8M and a roster bonus of another $3M. Thats almost $13M for a below average DT. I applaud the Bengals GM for not caving to fans just so they get someone.

Rogers didn't want to go to Cincy either. Maybe that is ultimately the problem.

http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=41036

that being said, why would anyone give up a draft pick for him. He is going to be cut
That was my point in posting that. Still, I might give up a middle pick for him just to have exclusive rights to him. But if he's not going to take the pay cut then why bother? There's no way he's worth his salary + roster bonus this year.

I was wondering why he's due so much money, but then I remembered this is probably the lasy year of his rookie deal, which are normally backloaded.

Then I looked at he stats to see why he's so coveted, and although I haven't watched alot of Jets games to get an idea.... his #s are pretty good to say he was the NT of a 3-4 defense. He should be more effective in the 4-3

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=stathead bgColor=#174032><TD colSpan=20>Defense Stats</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left width="8%">YEAR</TD><TD align=left width="8%">TEAM</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>TOT</TD><TD>SOLO</TD><TD>AST</TD><TD>PD</TD><TD>SACK</TD><TD>FF</TD><TD>REC</TD><TD>INT</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>TD</TD></TR><!--teamId2=20--><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>2003</TD><TD align=left>NYJ</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>43</TD><TD>35</TD><TD>8</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1.5</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><!--teamId=20--><!--teamId2=20--><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>2004</TD><TD align=left>NYJ</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>53</TD><TD>38</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3.0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><!--teamId=20--><!--teamId2=20--><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>2005</TD><TD align=left>NYJ</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>43</TD><TD>27</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>3.5</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><!--teamId=20--><!--teamId2=20--><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>2006</TD><TD align=left>NYJ</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>62</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>2.5</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><!--teamId=20--><!--teamId2=20--><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>2007</TD><TD align=left>NYJ</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>57</TD><TD>36</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>4.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left colSpan=2>Career</TD><TD>77</TD><TD>258</TD><TD>172</TD><TD>86</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>14.5</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Clearly Robertson has a specific team in mind that he'd like to be traded too. Because there's no chance he'd make anywhere near that on the open market. He's using his cap number as leverage against the Jets to force their hand. But to where?

In other news, we do have Robertson's former teammate Jonathon Vilma and a GM who claims we're "in the mix" for Robertson . . .

Just saying

$9.8 million?! No team will pay that. He is not worth anything close to that ridiculous salary.

Clearly Robertson has a specific team in mind that he'd like to be traded too. Because there's no chance he'd make anywhere near that on the open market. He's using his cap number as leverage against the Jets to force their hand. But to where?

In other news, we do have Robertson's former teammate Jonathon Vilma and a GM who claims we're "in the mix" for Robertson . . .

Just saying

I see where you're going Spam... and Robertson was in front of Vilma for his great years...

<TABLE class=tablehead cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3><TBODY><TR class=stathead bgColor=#c6a876><TD colSpan=20>Defense Stats</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left width="8%">YEAR</TD><TD align=left width="8%">TEAM</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>TOT</TD><TD>SOLO</TD><TD>AST</TD><TD>PD</TD><TD>SACK</TD><TD>FF</TD><TD>REC</TD><TD>INT</TD><TD>YDS</TD><TD>TD</TD></TR><!--teamId2=20--><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>2004</TD><TD align=left>NYJ</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>108</TD><TD>82</TD><TD>26</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>2.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>58</TD><TD>1</TD></TR><!--teamId=20--><!--teamId2=20--><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>2005</TD><TD align=left>NYJ</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>173</TD><TD>128</TD><TD>45</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>0.5</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><!--teamId=20--><!--teamId2=20--><TR class=oddrow align=right><TD align=left>2006</TD><TD align=left>NYJ</TD><TD>16</TD><TD>117</TD><TD>69</TD><TD>48</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>12</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><!--teamId=20--><!--teamId2=20--><TR class=evenrow align=right><TD align=left>2007</TD><TD align=left>NYJ</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>43</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>11</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>0</TD></TR><TR class=colhead align=right><TD align=left colSpan=2>Career</TD><TD>55</TD><TD>441</TD><TD>311</TD><TD>130</TD><TD>19</TD><TD>2.5</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>60</TD><TD>1</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset">Originally Posted by SaintsBrazil
Wasn't Robertson in the same draftt as Sullivan?
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Yep, and I believe we really liked him.

1 year apart

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom