Robin Williams dead at 63. (1 Viewer)

I remember when I was younger that my family would have movie night. We would get crawfish(way cheeper then) and watch a movie together. One of the best movies we watched was Robin Williams in Hook and Mrs. Doubtfire.

RIP Robin Williams

I'm not sure if there was anyone better at improvisation. He could probably go joke after joke, all off the cuff, right off the top of his head for hours.

Just saw he may have had advanced Parkinson’s disease which might have been a factor in his suicide.

his stand-up was excellent. most of his movies were disappointing, though the fisher king is a very good movie, but he seemed like a genuinely nice guy.

King-of-the-Moon.gif

his stand-up was excellent. most of his movies were disappointing, though the fisher king is a very good movie, but he seemed like a genuinely nice guy.

Yeah, the Fisher King wasn't subtle but that restaurant scene still troubles me when I think about it.

Whenever this stuff happens it makes me grateful to be ordinary. Genius is rarely untroubled -- seems like a package deal in most cases.

Whenever this stuff happens it makes me grateful to be ordinary. Genius is rarely untroubled -- seems like a package deal in most cases
The Ever Popular Tortured Artist Effect. It does make life much more difficult to navigate.

A small role but his Teddy Roosevelt just makes A Night at the Museum for me. Garp is my second favorite overall Robin Williams movie.

RIP Robin Williams.
He was a big supporter of the military and USO. This clip has been making the rounds lately showing off his love of the troops as well as his lightning-quick wit. :hihi:

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QD9QAAEfQEA?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I must say, as a former sailor, you Army guys' "Retreat" seems a lot longer than our "Colors."

His death hit me harder than any celebrity death in a long time. I would put it on the same level as John Lennon's. I have always loved his humor, quick wit & intelligence. He was also a contemporary of mine....he is from July to October older than me. I was also born in 1951. He was a unique talent that we were privileged to have in our lives. I probably enjoyed his stand up comedy more than his tv work or movies, although I enjoyed them also. A bright light has gone out. Peace out, Robin Williams.

Jan

I'm sure this also contributed

Radar Online | Robin Williams Had

Lost most of his money between two divorces, tack on the rest of his issues, its not so much of a surprise he killed himself.

Though Williams had one of Hollywood&#8217;s most enduring careers, divorce &#8212; from first wife Valerie Velardi in 1988, and from second wife, Marsha Garces in 2008 &#8212; had gutted his bank account.
&#8220;Divorce is expensive,&#8221; he recently said. &#8220;I used to joke they were going to call it &#8216;all the money&#8217;, but they changed it to &#8216;alimony&#8217;. It&#8217;s ripping your heart out through your wallet.&#8221;
With financial pressures weighing, the insider said that the cancellation of The Crazy Ones in May sent him spiraling.

Funny rarely comes from happy. Thanks for finding that and sharing.

I just finished reading Furious Cool, the biography of Richard Pryor and he most definitely was haunted by major demons.

I've hard that about a lot of comedians.

I hope it's not all of them I would be stunned and saddened to learn that Bill Cosby is pretty dark in his day to day life.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom