Robocop but it doesn’t have Robocop (2 Viewers)

:shrug:

tenor.gif

This has train wreck written all over it. I love Robocop. I don't think I'll watch this.

This has train wreck written all over it. I love Robocop. I don't think I'll watch this.

Don't be so quick to judge. The show Pennyworth, which is about Batman's butler before he was a butler is one of the best DC show's out there. I can't wait for season 2.

Has anyone seen the X rated version of Robocop? It's extra bloody and if they kept that gore, the MPAA would've given the movie an X rating. I'm sure it's now called Unrated or something not as cool as X.

I used to have it on dvd, it's that one that said it would've been X rated. The unrated version on blu-ray doesn't mention that on the back of the case but it is the same one. It just says unrated.

I'll reserve judgment:
If the writers have the same macabre sense of humour that the original film had, it could be worthwhile. For me, that's what makes the original film so memorable in the first place. For all its "action and gore", it's a very cerebral film, smacking of Frankenstein (the novel), and chock full of dark humour. If they double down on the action/violence aspect, then it likely will be entirely forgettable, but if they lean on the cerebral and dark humour angles, it could be a real gem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom