"Robotic" vacuums (e.g. Roomba) (1 Viewer)

We have owned the Roomba 650 nearly a year now and absolutely love it with no regrets. We primarily have hardwood floors but for the bedrooms.

The only cons I find about with the Roomba are no show stoppers just little nuances.

- Small dirt trap - We have no pets in the house and do not wear shoes in the house, but the trap fills up rather quick and mainly from rug fibers. We only run it on the hard floors and those rugs that exist on the hardwood, we don't let it in the bedrooms due to the fiber pick up and its pain in the butt to clean those rollers but does a good job on the carpet. Pro's to this.....where does all this dirt and dust come from. this thing is awesome at keeping the floors clean finding those particles you never see or feel.

Loud - I cannot be in the same room as it, noises do bother me but it is rather louder than I expected. We either run it when we are not home or I work from home and I cannot here it from my home office. The performance more than makes up for the noise though.

Rugs - No issue with the Roomba on rugs BUT for the hall runner and after reading some of the comment on here, it is a rug runner that has black and white swirls and the Roomba does not go over it. The runner also has a lower profile than some of the others as we also have a big thick rubber mat in front of the sink and it jumps it with no problem.

A co-worker has both the Roomba and Neato, he swears by the Roomba and said he will never purchase another Neato. His Neato had broke and it cost him almost the purchase price to have it repaired, he stated they were both bought at the same time. I have a client who owns both a Roomba and Neato and he said he uses the Roomba only for hard wood floors and the Neato for his carpeted floors.

I purchased the ilife V3 a few weeks ago. It is on sale right now for $158.00..

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BAYXLI2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Does a great job with pet hair and is quiet. It has an ultrasonic sensor which it uses to detect objects. As it approaches a wall, it slows down before hitting the wall then slightly touches before turning.

Never had any other brand but seriously can not see how a rhoomba can worth so much more. Of course it could die next week and then I would have my answer.
We've had this one for about 9 months. My wife runs it almost every day. We have two large [indoor :covri:] dogs that shed. We have stone, wood and some area rugs. We also have a large Persian rug. I was very skeptical when my wife ordered it (because of the significantly lower price point compared to the name brands), but it's been great. I figure at this price we could buy 6-7 before it adds up to a Roomba.

we just picked up a Roomba 980. I very impressed. its cleaned the house 5 times so far. does great on hard wood floors. the gym, spare bedrooms and a hallway are carpet the rest of the house is hardwood or tile. It came with two sensor's that allow you to block off two areas of the house. also we can control it remotely from our phones and pre-program it to clean on certain days and times. If it runs out of power before finishing it returns to its home, recharges then finishes the job. the power adjust to a stronger mode when vacuuming carpet. the regular price here is $920 we got a deal from best buy because of a issue we had with a laptop and we only paid $440 for it.

We've had this one for about 9 months. My wife runs it almost every day. We have two large [indoor :covri:] dogs that shed. We have stone, wood and some area rugs. We also have a large Persian rug. I was very skeptical when my wife ordered it (because of the significantly lower price point compared to the name brands), but it's been great. I figure at this price we could buy 6-7 before it adds up to a Roomba.

Well, I'll consider this post my jinx. One of the motors is dying so it just goes in circles. We decided to try the Roomba and there is definitely a significant difference. It's a lot "smarter" and quicker. Also has a larger capacity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can sum up all robot vaccumes in three words.

They All Suck.

Ok, now that I've got that out of my system. WTH haven't they made one that can clean stairs? I don't want a robot for each floor.

My wife just saw they have one that mops the floor.

Google "roomba poop". The lesson is if you have a pet that could possibly **** on the floor in your house, it is imperative that you do not run your roomba without direct supervision. Otherwise, you might endure a pooptastrpohe.

This gentleman had a routine of running their roomba downstairs at night, while they slept. They awoke one morning to discover that their dog must have pooped not long before the roomba got to that area. The fresh poop was then spread about the residence "like a Jackson Pollock poop painting."

636067734032195161-13895077-776220970364-4589684107022964508-n.jpg

roomba-dog-poop-roomba-runs-over-dog-poop-jesse-newton-facebook-post-story-funny_0.jpg

So, last week, something pretty tragic happened in our household. It's taken me until now to wrap my head around it and find the words to describe the horror. It started off simple enough - something that's probably happened to most of you.

Sometime between midnight and 1:30am, our puppy Evie pooped on our rug in the living room. This is the only time she's done this, so it's probably just because we forgot to let her out before we went to bed that night. Now, if you have a detective's mind, you may be wondering how we know the poop occurred between midnight and 1:30am. We were asleep, so how do I know that time frame?

Why, friends, that's because our Roomba runs at 1:30am every night, while we sleep. And it found the poop. And so begins the Pooptastrophe. The poohpocalypse. The pooppening.

If you have a Roomba, please rid yourself of all distractions and absorb everything I'm about to tell you.

Do not, under any circumstances, let your Roomba run over dog poop. If the unthinkable does happen, and your Roomba runs over dog poop, stop it immediately and do not let it continue the cleaning cycle. Because if that happens, it will spread the dog poop over every conceivable surface within its reach, resulting in a home that closely resembles a Jackson Pollock poop painting.

It will be on your floorboards. It will be on your furniture legs. It will be on your carpets. It will be on your rugs. It will be on your kids' toy boxes. If it's near the floor, it will have poop on it. Those awesome wheels, which have a checkered surface for better traction, left 25-foot poop trails all over the house. Our lovable Roomba, who gets a careful cleaning every night, looked like it had been mudding. Yes, mudding - like what you do with a Jeep on a pipeline road. But in poop.

Then, when your four-year-old gets up at 3am to crawl into your bed, you'll wonder why he smells like dog poop. And you'll walk into the living room. And you'll wonder why the floor feels slightly gritty. And you'll see a brown-encrusted, vaguely Roomba-shaped thing sitting in the middle of the floor with a glowing green light, like everything's okay. Like it's proud of itself. You were still half-asleep until this point, but now you wake up pretty damn quickly.

And then the horror. Oh the horror.

https://www.facebook.com/jesse.newton.37/posts/776177951574

Watching my Roomba 650 hit walls was the most entertaining thing of the first run.

I have stained concrete in my apartment, and a dog, so I almost have to sweep daily to keep the floor clear. The Roomba has done a fantastic job of keeping me from having to do that. What I thought may be a $300 boondoggle paid for itself in 2 days.

It's a little louder than I thought, considering the size, but not to the point where you can't watch TV while it's running. It takes about an hour for my ~800 sq ft apartment. This isn't a problem if you just schedule it though.

The only downside so far is when it gets stuck. Twice on objects I didn't pick up (which you can argue is a good thing, since you're more cognizant of picking up), once in the bathroom.

Funny-ish story on that. It managed to get in the bathroom, then close the door. Stuck inside, it continued to vacuum my bathroom until it died. A loyal servant to the end.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thanks for the morning chuckle.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom