Rock Band Game (1 Viewer)

I bought it a few eeks back and love it. just last night my fiance's family was over and they enjoyed the hell out of it. definitely the latest they ever stayed at the house. what i do wish is that they would release more songs, and not just rock, but country and even some disco or motown.

I dunno, I'm thinking the reason they only have rock songs is because they named it 'Rock Band'.

Maybe 'Hillbilly Band' will be out by x-mas time!

By the way, I think my guitar may have a problem. I just don't seem to be hitting the faster notes like it did when I got it. I guess it could just be my problem, but it does not seem to be as responsive as it was when I first got it and the strummer feels a little "gummy" like it's not popping all the way back up. Does that sound like the defect that it has?

Yep, that's it. Go ahead and get the replacement while they are offering them.

Yep, that's it. Go ahead and get the replacement while they are offering them.

Thanks. I was leaning toward getting a replacement just in case. But, with someone confirming that it may have a problem, I don't feel as bad.:hihi:

Edit: I just went through the warranty process with EA. It was really quick and easy. They are sending a new guitar by 2 day air and I have 28 days to return the old guitar. It's a bit annoying that it broke so quickly, but this no questions asked return process makes it a lot better.

Last edited:
I did the guitar warranty thing too. Then 2 days after the new guitar arrived, the drum kick pedal broke...doh! It cracked in half, right below the spring.

They are replacing that bad boy free too.

I did the guitar warranty thing too. Then 2 days after the new guitar arrived, the drum kick pedal broke...doh! It cracked in half, right below the spring.

They are replacing that bad boy free too.

sounds like they really stand by their product. i bought the 2 year warranty at best buy so all i gotta do is walk in with the "broken" piece and they give me a new one.

sounds like they really stand by their product. i bought the 2 year warranty at best buy so all i gotta do is walk in with the "broken" piece and they give me a new one.

But the individual pieces aren't in stock yet, so you will have to bring back the whole set. AND EA haa changed the internal workings of the guitar in the later generations. At Best Buy, you're not guaranteed one of the later generation guitars, so you may be back again. Better to do the online return - they cross-ship, so you're never really without the guitar. You just put the "less working" one in the box that the new one arrives in.

I dunno, I'm thinking the reason they only have rock songs is because they named it 'Rock Band'.

Maybe 'Hillbilly Band' will be out by x-mas time!

no need for the sarcasm, I am fully aware of the name. It is my opinion that the game would be much more appealing with a broader range of music. the majority of the songs on the game suck anyway.

no need for the sarcasm, I am fully aware of the name. It is my opinion that the game would be much more appealing with a broader range of music. the majority of the songs on the game suck anyway.

I would pay more to not have country music included. Most of it is pretty boring musically. 4/4 drum patterns without any fills, and no really flashy guitar playing. Karaoke handles the most interesting part of country music, the vocals.

I bought it shortly after Christmas and it really is a blast. My brother was over this weekend with my nephew. My brother never plays video games, but he tried this out and really liked it. It really was a good time with three of us.

By the way, I think my guitar may have a problem. I just don't seem to be hitting the faster notes like it did when I got it. I guess it could just be my problem, but it does not seem to be as responsive as it was when I first got it and the strummer feels a little "gummy" like it's not popping all the way back up. Does that sound like the defect that it has?

A lot of the guitar strummers were defective. Go to the web site and they will exchange it, no questions asked.

i got mine replaced in 3 days by overnight air at no charge.

I would pay more to not have country music included. Most of it is pretty boring musically. 4/4 drum patterns without any fills, and no really flashy guitar playing. Karaoke handles the most interesting part of country music, the vocals.

i definiately won't allow any country music on my system.

haha, me too. The music on this game is some of the best songs we have. And country and christian rock ruined music.

haha, me too. The music on this game is some of the best songs we have. And country and christian rock ruined music.

actually I would say that the majority of the songs on rock band arent even the best from the artist. im not a big fan of either rock or country, I just think it would be nice to have a mixture of music. different strokes for different folks though.

OK, I'm really serious into getting this game. Almost got it today, but the box is huge, didn't want to look like a nerd carrying it through the store and I was in kind of a rush. People still think it was worth the money? Looked at the songlists and saw quite a few I like and they seem to update some good songs frequently. Wish they would have some Prince songs. Yeah, I said it, I like Prince. Wanna fight?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom