Rock Band Game (1 Viewer)

OK, I'm really serious into getting this game. Almost got it today, but the box is huge, didn't want to look like a nerd carrying it through the store and I was in kind of a rush. People still think it was worth the money? Looked at the songlists and saw quite a few I like and they seem to update some good songs frequently. Wish they would have some Prince songs. Yeah, I said it, I like Prince. Wanna fight?

Still worth it. New songs every Tuesday.

Wish they would have some Prince songs. Yeah, I said it, I like Prince. Wanna fight?

i was saying that last weekend when i had a bunch of people over. Prince's guitar work would be fun to play. what sparked it is the similarity between the chorus' melodies of "dont look back in anger" by oasis and "rasberry beret" by Prince. if i slow it down, i can sing the lyrics for the chorus on "rasberry beret" instead of the actual lyrics and Rock Band still awards me the points.

"sooo sally can wait!"
"razz berry beret!"

OK, I'm really serious into getting this game. Almost got it today, but the box is huge, didn't want to look like a nerd carrying it through the store and I was in kind of a rush.

Actually you will look like the exact opposite carrying that box out. Everyone will look at you with envy and jealousy and wish they where you!

I just bought it two days ago. Played it for the first time last night after setting it up. I can't sing to save my life, but I had so much fun singing away.

I was playing it again today with the volume cranked so I could really howl. Nobody was home so I wasn't worried about anyone hearing me - and then my wife came home without me hearing her. I was so embarassed 'cause I was acting like a fool (think Tom Cruise in Risky Business).

Then we spent the next two hours fooling around with the drum and the guitar. Pretty soon she was on the guitar and I was singing again. A lot of fun!!! Highly recommend it.

Got it yesterday, so far so good. Just been playing the drums. My right foot and right hand seems to be connected. I'm having some issues hitting the bass pedal and the drums at the same time when I shouldn't on some quick notes.

I see EA has a hand in this too, so I guess we should be expecting expansion packs like, Funk Band, <Insert Decade Here>Band, #1 Hits Band, etc. Which I ain't gonna lie I'd probably buy those too.

Almost bought it but the guy told me the guitar wouldn't work with Guitar Hero and I want both games but I don;t want 2 guitars.

From what I got reading from others, Rock Band is the much better game overall, but the guitar aspect is better on Guitar Hero. I prefer playing the drums anyway so I chose Rock Band instead.

:hihi:
http://www.serioussportsnewsnetwork...-guitar-hero-iii-for-super-bowl-halftime.html

Petty to just play Guitar Hero III for Super Bowl halftime

GLENDALE, AZ — This is not your father’s Super Bowl.
Instead of rehearsing an elaborate stage show – complete with countless dancers, multiple songs, fireworks, and the rest – Tom Petty has decided that during Sunday’s halftime show he’ll simply play “Through the Fire and Flames” on his Nintendo Wii, and then walk off the stage....

I would love to own Rock Band, but my 15mth old's obsession with my Guitar Hero guitar has kept me away. He drags the thing around the house like a blanket, when he gets his hands on it. I cant hide it behind the TV anymore because he tears things down to get it when he sees it.

With the Rock Band peripherals being wired, I fear my dreams of drummer-stardom will have to wait.

Played it a lot this weekend. Stuck mostly to drums and vocals - my wife is getting addicted to the guitar. She's not really good, but obsessed with getting better. Pretty cool because she hates video games.

The thing killing me on the drums is the bass pedal. I think I need a chair that I can sit higher in - using the couch now and it's killing my leg. Definitely getting better, though.

My wife goes out of town tomorrow and I'm looking forward to cranking the music and trying to sing. I can't sing to save my life, but I can apparently hit most of the notes and pitch on the beginning levels. I tried to do some harder songs, but I think I need to be able to "sing" louder. I'm too embarrased to do it when someone's around. Looks like tomorrow night may be a bottle of wine and singing until I'm hoarse!

I would love to own Rock Band, but my 15mth old's obsession with my Guitar Hero guitar has kept me away. He drags the thing around the house like a blanket, when he gets his hands on it. I cant hide it behind the TV anymore because he tears things down to get it when he sees it.

With the Rock Band peripherals being wired, I fear my dreams of drummer-stardom will have to wait.

This may not make a difference, but the Rockband guitar is wireless. Only the drums and microphone are wired.

Played it a lot this weekend. Stuck mostly to drums and vocals - my wife is getting addicted to the guitar. She's not really good, but obsessed with getting better. Pretty cool because she hates video games.

The thing killing me on the drums is the bass pedal. I think I need a chair that I can sit higher in - using the couch now and it's killing my leg. Definitely getting better, though.

My wife goes out of town tomorrow and I'm looking forward to cranking the music and trying to sing. I can't sing to save my life, but I can apparently hit most of the notes and pitch on the beginning levels. I tried to do some harder songs, but I think I need to be able to "sing" louder. I'm too embarrased to do it when someone's around. Looks like tomorrow night may be a bottle of wine and singing until I'm hoarse!

move the base peddle to a position that better acts for you foot movement. if keep the base peddle on the cross bars, i and can't hit two quick base hits fast enough that angle.

i move the base peddle to the right of the of the drum stand so i can have my let at more of an angle instead of straight up and own, i can then pivot my ankle faster and don't have to use as much up and down movement.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom