Rock Band/Guitar Hero instrument compatibility? (1 Viewer)

primadox

Hurricane Bear Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Houston TX, via Parsippany, NJ and New Orleans
My 8 year old son is a huge Beatles fan, so we'll be getting him Beatles Rock Band for his birthday in December. We don't have ANY of the band-type games yet, so we're curious as to what other games will work with the RB instruments. I'm looking at the $159. version of Beatles RB, which has the standard RB guitar, mike, and drums. Does anyone know if these will be compatible with any of the GH games? I would hate to have to buy a whole new set of instruments.

One option would be to buy only the Beatles game and add GH instruments, if it comes down to GH instruments being compatible with RB games and not vice-versa. Or, perhaps there are some "generic" instruments out there that are cross-compatible?

BTW, this is for the Wii.

I get better answers here than anywhere else. Help me out, guys! Thanks! :)

Man, I can't remember what works with what. We had a thread about it back in the day when all this came out. I remember Jeff Miller always knew what worked with what. Maybe he'll chime in, unless we ran him off too.

I just played Guitar Hero and Rock Band the other day. My friend and i were using the same drums and guitar for both so i am guessing they are compatible.

The rock band instruments (1 and 2) will definately work both Guitar Hero World Tour and guitar hero Metallica. With the drums, GH has a 5th note, as the RB drums only have 4 notes, the 5th note is dropped (doesn't show up on the screen) when you use a RB drum set with GHWT.

I have not tested my instrument with Guitar Hero 5. I can also tell you that older guitar hero guitars to do work with rock band, but i don't know if the guitar hero world tour guitar works with RB.

it appears both GH and RB in the future are going to try and add different features to their instruments to differenciate their products some (like the slide bar on GHWT guitars), so as newer and newer versions come out, i wouldn't be suprised if the compatiablity level starts to go down.

uh guys, I answered the question with the 1st post.

I was typing mine on tapatalk when you posted yours. I at least have an excuse.

These other guys most likely have you on their ignore list.

I was typing mine on tapatalk when you posted yours. I at least have an excuse.

These other guys most likely have you on their ignore list.

I figured that's what you did. And there is a pretty good chance I'm on some ignore lists. If not, I'm ashamed of myself.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom