Rock Band is going to cost me $378! (1 Viewer)

zorro37

Cha-Champs
Reaction score
When Rock Band was released in the US, it cost $169, and came with the game, guitar, microphone and drums. Not a bad deal. But in Europe, on May 23? Good heavens. The game won't come in a single bundle. Instead, there's two products available at lauch. One is called the "Instrument Edition", which costs £130/€170. It comes with a guitar, drums, and mic. That's it. No game. No, if you want the game as well, it'll cost you another £50/€70. That brings the cost of the game and three instruments to £180/€240. Or, USD$378. Three hundred and seventy-eight dollars. I know, things are always more expensive in Europe, but...damn. Whether it's MTV or EA behind this price, you can take that price, and you can stick it up your arse.
EA clarifies Rock Band pricing [Eurogamer]
Rock Band: Europe Totally ****ed Over On Rock Band Pricing
:rant:
If you needed any more reason to hate EA please do so on my behalf.
To put this into context, an Xbox 360 Premium console costs £190 and Rock Band is going to cost £180.

I could not wait for Rock Band because I thought it would be better fun than guitar hero and be better value for money. This price means Rock Band will cost 3 times more than Guitar Hero does.
:mad::mad::mad:

What is the gaming industry coming to if a company thinks they can charge that much money for a single game?
Needless to say I think EA's european sales of Rock Band will be a lot less than they were anticipating.

Learn guitar and/or drums and stick with Halo.

That's unreal.

Last edited:
Heck, I'll ship one to you for that kind of poundage.

They use different Region disc over-seas... hence forth, you ship him a system, none of the games he's buys over there will work on the system, and the plug adapter will be different.....

He could get the peripherals from North America, and the disc in the UK. I have been playing it almost daily since the beginning of Jan... finally getting through some expert drums... man thats fun...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom