Rock star artifacts. (1 Viewer)

This whole outfit...lol. Loved Stryper back in the day. The stage, the instruments, that drum set. I wanted those drums.

Motley Crue...Wild Side video with the drums that flip. Forking awesome. Heh.

Cheap Trick...so many fascinating guitars. The sax shaped one looks cool.

And I love all these songs. :yes:

Prince’s glyph medallion
One of flava flav’s clocks
A Devo hat
A Stevie nicks scarf
David lee Roth mike stand
Run dmc hat

I was thinking about what would be a good one for Prince. Not really a rock memorabilia but the motorcycle in Purple Rain would be stupid cool.

Ronnie Van Zant's beaver & rattlesnake skin hat.

Randy Rhoads' 1974 Les Paul Custom

kt0c71InBVlTcfJmo_hRbSbrPzOSpVzklN7YXTHRxoYnQpvbRkk2h_zg2ZQ7GP8AZWxQ2fgr-J9NeHZ0isWZycUo4Lvlim76XHb8Ohc3gJyNxEkurbDgaV4dh7bbMjABU8w

My favorite rock star artifact story is because I saw it happen. My college buddy had a guitar pick that he caught at a Cheap Trick concert in the 80s - he was in 8th grade I think.

He showed me the pick, it said Cheap Trick on it. He said Rick Nielsen tossed it in the air and he was pretty close the stage and it hit him in the arm and he grabbed it. Okay, so a minor-ly cool story about a C-list band but it was cool that he had kept the pick and had it with him in college. He played guitar. I payed guitar - it came up in conversation.

Anyway about a month or two after he told me about it, he lost it. He needed a pick and didn’t have another one, so he tried to be careful with it but it somehow walked off or got thrown away or who knows. Oh well, cool story bro.

But then we happened to be together one night a few weeks later at a hibachi restaurant (in Nashville). I wasn’t paying attention but then I look and see him talking to a guy. I didn’t think much of it and turned away- but then he comes over a few minutes later laughing his arse off and showing me this guitar pick in his hand.

The guy was Rick Nielsen and my buddy saw him and said “Are you Rick Nielsen??” And he was like yeah - so my buddy told him the pick story and how he had kept it for years and then just recently lost it. Rick reached into his pocket and pulled out a Cheap Trick pick and said “Here you go.”

😂

My favorite rock star artifact story is because I saw it happen. My college buddy had a guitar pick that he caught at a Cheap Trick concert in the 80s - he was in 8th grade I think.

He showed me the pick, it said Cheap Trick on it. He said Rick Nielsen tossed it in the air and he was pretty close the stage and it hit him in the arm and he grabbed it. Okay, so a minor-ly cool story about a C-list band but it was cool that he had kept the pick and had it with him in college. He played guitar. I payed guitar - it came up in conversation.

Anyway about a month or two after he told me about it, he lost it. He needed a pick and didn’t have another one, so he tried to be careful with it but it somehow walked off or got thrown away or who knows. Oh well, cool story bro.

But then we happened to be together one night a few weeks later at a hibachi restaurant (in Nashville). I wasn’t paying attention but then I look and see him talking to a guy. I didn’t think much of it and turned away- but then he comes over a few minutes later laughing his arse off and showing me this guitar pick in his hand.

The guy was Rick Nielsen and my buddy saw him and said “Are you Rick Nielsen??” And he was like yeah - so my buddy told him the pick story and how he had kept it for years and then lost it. Rick reached into his pocket and pulled out a Cheap Trick pick and said “Here you go.”

😂
I almost said cheap trick pick - dude used to toss those things like he was in a parade

was this concert at the Saenger - maybe ‘82?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom