Rock star artifacts. (1 Viewer)

A buddy pf mine has a collection of picks he got at various 80's concerts. Styx, Cheap Trick, Judas Priest, Blue Oyster Cult, and on and on..

I'd settle for this:
1596127496362.png
Rory Gallagher's 1961 Fender Stratocaster. Gallagher had a rare blood disorder which cause his sweat to be very acidic. Unfortunately that same blood disorder contributed to his early demise at age 47. Of course, Gallagher was also a heavy drinker, so there was that.

Supposedly Jimi Hendrix was once asked how it felt to be the greatest guitar player in the world. He responded "I don't know, you'd have to ask Rory Gallagher" Gallagher also has the distinction of being one of Rock & Roll's all-time nice guys. Very under-rated guitarist :)

A buddy pf mine has a collection of picks he got at various 80's concerts. Styx, Cheap Trick, Judas Priest, Blue Oyster Cult, and on and on..

I'd settle for this:
1596127496362.png
Rory Gallagher's 1961 Fender Stratocaster. Gallagher had a rare blood disorder which cause his sweat to be very acidic. Unfortunately that same blood disorder contributed to his early demise at age 47. Of course, Gallagher was also a heavy drinker, so there was that.

Supposedly Jimi Hendrix was once asked how it felt to be the greatest guitar player in the world. He responded "I don't know, you'd have to ask Rory Gallagher" Gallagher also has the distinction of being one of Rock & Roll's all-time nice guys. Very under-rated guitarist :)

I heard about that guy, pretty strange about his blood. What songs would you recommend listening to by Rory Gallagher?

I would love to have one of Flea's Music Man Bass Guitars. His funky pants he wore on Young MC's, Bust a Move video probably belongs under lock and key in some music museum. Check Flea at the two minute mark in the video below.

Nah. The ultimate when it gets sold is Jimmie Page’s doubleneck Gibson while his Les Paul #1 might mean more musically, the value of that custom doubleneck is whatever someone wants for it.

I heard about that guy, pretty strange about his blood. What songs would you recommend listening to by Rory Gallagher?

I would love to have one of Flea's Music Man Bass Guitars. His funky pants he wore on Young MC's, Bust a Move video probably belongs under lock and key in some music museum. Check Flea at the two minute mark in the video below.

Anything live. His live performances were legendary for their energy. Notes From San Francisco is a great album :) Tattoo'd Lady and Bullfrog Blues for starters

It'll be a guitar for me.

For something iconic to "collect",
1596475055947.png

But just in terms of one I'd want to noodle around on, probably a Lifeson concert-played Les Paul maybe All the World's a Stage or Exit Stage left

I'd think Bruce Springsteens "telecaster" would probably give Kurt's guitar a run if it ever makes it to auction. Unfortunately you'll probably have to be a grave robber to get your hands on it: "Springsteen, who once told the Los Angeles Times he would “be buried with [his] Tele on,”

For me personally I would gladly take Mike Campbell's Broadcaster (he talks about the Fender Custom Shop replica of it here)

Tom Petty's "Torucaster"

814d7f92f862f940f6cd57b185a23517--tom-petty-toms.jpg

His blonde Telecaster with a sticker from his 1994 album Wildflowers. This guitar, known as the 'Torucaster', was actually made by a luthier named Toru Nittono. Tom Petty was quoted as saying the following in a 1999 issue of Guitar Player; "Yeah ,I got it in 1981 at Normans's Rare guitars[in Reseda,Ca.].Norm said,"take it home and tell me what you think." I haven't stopped playing it since. Toru Nitono built it at L.A. guitar Works. I've had people bring me 20 vintage teles at show and rehearsals and nothing seems to match. The closest I've gotten is an old Esquire which I baught as a spare. If I lost my main Tele I'd die. Toru even tried to make me a second and it didn't sound nearly as good. Now it adorns the wall at the Hard Rock Cafe."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom