Rock stars object to GOP candidates use of their songs on campaign trail (1 Viewer)

I think merle haggard wrote a song for hillary.

his "working man blues" song should be used

Nothing like a whiney, aging musician.

If someone I have absolutely no desire to be associated with and is the exact opposite of what I value suddenly started using my "art" to futhur his career I think I would be whiney too. That's just me though.

If someone I have absolutely no desire to be associated with and is the exact opposite of what I value suddenly started using my "art" to futhur his career I think I would be whiney too.

Yep.

I'll alert Mapplethorpe that he's now free to use your high school art projects as backgrounds in his next Jesus in Urine piece.

No whining from me. Hope he pays well.

The right wing radio shows lead off with musical passages. Do they get royalties? The Pretenders, Metallica, Martina McBride?

Why? They are not selling the songs. If anything they are promoting them. Actually I thought it was funny that Hush Windbag used The Pretenders.

If Huck likes Alice he should play Welcome to My Nightmare

Somebody inform Tom Scholtz that it would be nice if Boston released an album at a faster average than 1 per decade.

Here's a more comprehensive take on the topic of presidential candidates appropriating songs for their campaigns:

Political Culture: Songs For The Stump

Contrary to that link, Clinton opens and closes with American Girl. :rock:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KbouLi_l7NU&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KbouLi_l7NU&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
I'm Tom Petty, and I approve this message. :ezbill:

Good song, but that video doesn't seem to make much of a point :shrug:

Good song, but that video doesn't seem to make much of a point :shrug:

Yeah, I couldn't find one that played the whole song, so I pulled one off YouTube that starts with Hillary for President.

I bet Petty didn't think his song would eventually be used in a presidential campaign. For a few years, the song reminded me of a scene in Silence of the Lambs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom