rod coleman anyone? (1 Viewer)

agent0385

Veteran
Reaction score
given our need for dt i think the saints should look at signing rod coleman b/c he would provide a good pass rush up the middle that we currently lack, he has 58 career sacks and would provide a good rotation with young,clancy,and hollis thomas. he is 31 years old and should have a few good years left in him and he shouldn't cost that much, what do you guys think?

Adding Coleman to our interior rotation would be a great move. Coleman no doubt has gas in the tank. His ability to presure will open everybody else up.

I think he actually may be looking for a big salary.

My reasoning, there have been 4 trades for defensive tackles, some including multiple picks. That means that teams have prefered to give up draft picks then to negotiate with a free agent like Coleman.

You can discuss about the quality and the type of lineman they got, Jenkins and Rogers are clearly nose tacles and Corey Williams is actually superior. But Coleman is not too shabby as a player.

The only reason I can think for him not attracting more interest is that either he is injured or he is shooting for the stars.

If he can bring him, perfect, he will bring depth behind Young, with Thomas and Clancy playing the nose.

I agree that Corey Williams is superior to all of them; he plays with all his effort each game and I have no clue why Green Bay traded him to begin with. I also have no clue why we didn't give our second round pick for him, I imagine it is higher than Clevelands. Coleman has had 30 sacks the last 4 years with Atlanta. I don't think all of our DT's combined have had that over that span. That said, Coleman has had a few injuries and his production has steadily declined. At this point, it is still more than we have, but I do believe the price is going to be well more than the amount of upgrade.

Doesn't Coleman have a shoulder injury? He may not be able to pass anybody's physical at this point.

He is a 3 tech like Young but I think that if we do not get Ellis or Dorsey or at least think that we are going to go after them we should try to bring in Coleman.

I also have no clue why we didn't give our second round pick for him, I imagine it is higher than Clevelands.

I think that trade happened right around the time we were busy trying to give our 2nd to the Giants.

i can almost guarantee that he can't pass an extensive physical. He was in Tampa a couple of weeks ago. They need interior help and they got money to sign him. He didn't get a deal. He has been very quiet since his initial release. He probably want get signed til after the draft or maybe even when a camp body on TC gets hurt. But on the other hand a team desperate enough will pass him on a physical.

I agree that Corey Williams is superior to all of them; he plays with all his effort each game and I have no clue why Green Bay traded him to begin with. I also have no clue why we didn't give our second round pick for him, I imagine it is higher than Clevelands.

Don't get too high on Corey. Kampman and KGB made him look like a better pass-rusher than he really is. He's an average run defender, and he will have a falloff at Cleveland just like he would have here. I'm glad we didn't ship off our 2nd for him.

Pass On Coleman

Coleman Is Yesterday's News. Save The Money For The Draft. Coleman Reminds Me Of Another Renaldo Wynn.; Not The Answer Just Filling In Time.

There must be really something wrong with Rod Coleman? I would have thought he would have been signed by now. I still wouldn't mind having the Front Office bring him in. If we were able to sign him, that would increase our flexibility with this draft tremendously. This guy is a playmaker (when/if healthy of course)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom