Rod Coleman officially a free agent... (1 Viewer)

I would not get to excited he is 31 and had a lot of injury problems last season but I would take him over Brian Young.

He would be a great addition to the team's veteran rotation and I think he would fit in extremely well here in New Orleans. I'm sure he would be a very productive player here if we signed him.

Age? I'm pretty sure Hollis was 31 when he signed in 2006 and I believe we can credit the guy with a couple of good years. I wouldn't say 31 is the "over the hill" yet, but more like the back 9 with 2-4 holes left.

Injuries? Legit question. Definately a gamble, but I think we've got extra chips to put a couple on red to win.

Sign him up!

Last edited:
he took a major injury this past year, plus the fact that he is on the wrong side of 30, i would not offer to big of a contract. if he'll come cheap, its worth the gamble.

I also think he would be OK in the rotation. It would be fun to pick up a Falcon and watch him play well for the Saints.

makes you wonder though. As bad as the Falcons are, why did they cut him?

seems like they need the veteran help. Was his salary cap too much?

Dont forget they cut Grady Jackson mid season. the bottom line is that Atlanta probubly knows by the time they are going to be good again he will be 80.

Saints fan u have to look at this outside the box

Chances of him breaking the bank are slim to none, if we can get him in here to address an issue that needs to be address then do so. I've noticed that some pro players have a tendency to pull up an injury when there teams struggle. You all haven't noticed that. Unless it is broken limbs, you rarely see marquee players on IR when there are a contending team. Just food for thought. Change of settings will do him good and most likely light a fire to prove something ala Hollis. Whenever you can take a player from a division team and boost your team regardless of how he got there u do so if it is in your means financially. I think ATL knows it is a possiblity that he could come here but for what they were paying him, new regime said he wasn't worth those dollars. Lets bring him in and sure up that pass rush up the middle.

Sign Both Nowwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Both want to be on a winner and I am sure they would love beating the Falcons twice a year until they retire.

Last edited:
Why haven't we signed him yet Lommis?!?!

:cliffjumperguy:

Seriously though, I'd take a hard look at both Crumpler and Coleman.. And you know they would love giving it back to the Dirty Birds twice a year..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom