Rod Harper to I.R. (1 Viewer)

Bummer, I was hoping we might get a chance to see him return a punt or two at some point. I guess is foot injury was a lot more serious than reported.

At first, I read this as Roman Harper and said "Noooooooooooo!" Then I read it again and calmed down.

@jeffduncantp The Saints placed Rod Harper on injured reserve today with a foot injury and re-signed Chase Daniel to the active roster.

From preseason star ... to obscurity ... to IR. How did he get injured to begin with? I guess Arrington would be first up if an injury happened at WR. I would have liked to have seen Harper tried on kickoff returns as well as punts ... wait til next year.

just got this off twitter

<ADDRESS class="about vcard" done6="46" done8="21" done19="21" done30="21" done41="21" done52="21" done63="21" done74="21" done85="21" done96="21" done107="21" done118="21" done124="1" done126="1" done129="21" done140="21" done151="21" done162="21" done173="21" done184="21" done195="21" done206="21" done217="21">ChaseDaniel
Chase Daniel | New Orleans, LA </ADDRESS>Back on active roster! Excited for the game! Go Saints! half a minute ago

From preseason star ... to obscurity ... to IR. How did he get injured to begin with? I guess Arrington would be first up if an injury happened at WR. I would have liked to have seen Harper tried on kickoff returns as well as punts ... wait til next year.

He was not going to play much this year anyway. He made the team because he is good, not because we desperately need him. Unlike Arrington, he probably showed enough in preseason to get picked up by another team, at least temporarily. I agree with the above poster that this is essentially giving him a "redshirt" season. He will be given a chance to make the team again next year, and the Saints will own his rights. Good personnel move, as long as we are not angering players with these tactics.

He will be given a chance to make the team again next year, and the Saints will own his rights. Good personnel move, as long as we are not angering players with these tactics.

we arent because we are winning....if we were 0-4 staring at a 3-13 season, then it would be.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom