Rod Harper?? (1 Viewer)

I am curious to see how Harper would do as a KR. He would seem to have the skill-set to do well at it.

Can someone please explain to me why we kept him?? He returned to punts in preseason for Td's and has not seen any action? Bush has been horrible in punt returns.. We cut Roby for Harper and re-sign him and he was less effective than Meachum last week returning kicks.. Just think if our special teams were clicking what we could do?? Anyone??

I dont know who Meachum is.
But i dont think roby is less effective than Meachem

You wouldn't know that on this forum. You'd swear he not only lost 35 yards, but he fumbled the ball, then purposefully tackled his own teammates allowing the Eagles to score.

The hate for Bush has gotten so ridiculous on this site it is pathetic. People evidently do not know enough about what they are watching to know his value. They did not see 3 LBs and a safety react to a fake pitch to him opening up Colston for a TD. They did not see the extra yardage he got on a swing pass that helped lead to a score before half. They did not see the great job he did in protection for Brees or the 19 yard TD run. None of that matters when he loses 3 or 4 yards on a punt return. Harper returned two punts in preseason games mainly against players who did not even make NFL rosters and make many mistakes as well, yet some want to think he is the next Devin Hester that we found from AFL2.

Reg played tough today and scored as a tailback running inside. He'll get it worked out on punt returns. And at some point this season, Rod Harper may well be returning punts for us.

Strictly a numbers game and Harper is on the wrong side. He doesn't have the skill level in order to deactivate someone else,,,,,yet.

Reg played tough today and scored as a tailback running inside. He'll get it worked out on punt returns. And at some point this season, Rod Harper may well be returning punts for us.

It's not as if we have a hard time making 3 or 4 yards so I'll take the 3 or 4 yard loss every now and then in exchange for the 2 shanks and the game breakers he makes once every 10 times he touches the ball.

Reggie swings for the fences. Get it?

The hate for Bush has gotten so ridiculous on this site it is pathetic. People evidently do not know enough about what they are watching to know his value. They did not see 3 LBs and a safety react to a fake pitch to him opening up Colston for a TD. They did not see the extra yardage he got on a swing pass that helped lead to a score before half. They did not see the great job he did in protection for Brees or the 19 yard TD run. None of that matters when he loses 3 or 4 yards on a punt return. Harper returned two punts in preseason games mainly against players who did not even make NFL rosters and make many mistakes as well, yet some want to think he is the next Devin Hester that we found from AFL2.

They did not see 3 LBs and a safety react to a fake pitch to him opening up Colston for a TD.

Reggie can be a great decoy.

They did not see the extra yardage he got on a swing pass that helped lead to a score before half.

That actually was a pass in the open field not a screen or swing pass but no doubt Reggie can be a great slot receiver. In space he is terrific.

They did not see the great job he did in protection for Brees or the 19 yard TD run.

I`m glad he picked up his blocks but what do you expect, aren`t RB`s suppose to pick up the blitz.

Moral of the story, Reggie will be a BEAST as a slot receiver.

Roby played well. You could tell he made a difference thanks to having him back as the gunner.

Can someone please explain to me why we kept him?? He returned to punts in preseason for Td's and has not seen any action? Bush has been horrible in punt returns.. We cut Roby for Harper and re-sign him and he was less effective than Meachum last week returning kicks.. Just think if our special teams were clicking what we could do?? Anyone??

I would answer this question, but im not...

it is MEACHEM!!

We kept him because he beat out Arrington for the last WR slot, and he beat him out because he showed up big on special teams. It was a battle that took a whole lot of time and thought on the board, and it was over who was going to be on the practice squad vs. who was going to be inactive. Harper is there because he won one of the very last spots on the roster. We didn't expect to use him that much, and I hope we don't have to.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom