Roddy White gets consideration for Pro Football HoF...but Colston doesn't (1 Viewer)

You, yes you, can nominate anybody you want to the NFL HoF who has been retired for 5 years and played, coached, or contributed in the NFL.

How Are New Enshrinees Selected?

Any fan may nominate any player, coach or contributor who has been connected with pro football simply by writing to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. The only restriction is that a player and coach must have been retired at least five years before he can be considered. There is no mandatory retirement period for a contributor before he may be considered. Every nomination of an eligible candidate received will be processed and forwarded to the Hall of Fame’s Selection Committee.

Now you know and knowing is half the battle.
I knew what you were referring to...I'm just questioning your post considering you have no idea of real life behind all of this.
I've been dealing with illness and hospitalization for the last several months...so excuse me if I wasn't concentrating my attention on a HoF vote.
My post was about a general consensus of how Colston and White are viewed.

I would ask you to think before you make general assumptions about people in the future.

I've been dealing with illness and hospitalization for the last several months...so excuse me if I wasn't concentrating my attention on a HoF vote.
Im sorry you walked into my pet peeve issue. If you are not offended I will pray for your health.

But just so you understand why I get miffed at the massive amount of misinformation the media spreads about the HoF, calling people sure fire HoFers when they arent.

Making false claims that Joe Buck will be inducted into the HoF (he wont - at least not yet - he is just receiving an award that is given every year by the HoF) He is receiving the same award that Andrea Kramer, Chris Berman, and Don Meredith have (none were inducted into the HoF).

Faling to acknowledge there already two pairs of father/sons inducted into the HoF (Dan/Art Rooney and Joe/Ed Sabol)

Saying a player like Mort will go in the HoF with a particular team such as a Falcon or a Saint (he goes in as both).

Thinking people like Collin Cowherd has a HoF vote when he doesnt.

Saying somebody like Brees will be a 1st ballot lock (when it heavily depends on who retires at the same time) - likley true but not a lock.

Colston is one of only 4 recievers in Rookie Year to catch 1000 yards worth of passes in first 12 games and the only one not to win the OROY. He lost that year to Vince Young. This last Sunday Jefferson of Vikings joined his elite company of posting 1000 yards in first 12 games

Here's really what you have to know about this: for anyone to get consideration, someone nationally or locally has to be presenting his case. And if you are relying on someone like Jeff Duncan to go against the big market national narrative, good luck. Same with MVP. Drew had at least 2 MVP seasons, yet his case wasn't argued too loudly or too convincingly until about 2 months after the narrative was set in stone by everyone else. Not sure we currently have anyone locally that covers the Saints who will "go out on a limb" to present Colston's case. Some guys, even if they aren't from here, are scared of being called homer or biased. But if your local beat writers aren't beating the drum, who will?

Part of Colston's identity as the Quiet Storm was not publicizing his accomplishments. That and playing in a small market--despite his and the team's success during his career--are probably why he never made it to the Pro Bowl and why he is being passed over for the HOF. At least Saints fans know how great Colston was--the greatest receiver in Saints history. CGM has a chance to take that mantle from him, but, even if CGM surpasses the Quiet Storm (which I hope he does), Colston will also be one of my favorite Saints. His humility is a virtue, his ability to rise above expectations for his entire career a constant wonder.

Neither one will make the HOF and neither one deserves to. Colston was a great player but he is behind at least 10 other WR's not named Roddy White that still aren't in there. (Holt, J Smith, Rod Smith, H. Ward, Reggie Wayne, Calvin Johnson)......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom