Roddy White gets consideration for Pro Football HoF...but Colston doesn't (1 Viewer)

Yeah, if Torry Holt isn't in, then Colston and Roddy can both just get comfortable.

Yeah it’s a silly discussion. Neither is going to get in and neither deserves to be in - so who cares who gets mentioned somewhere or another.

Unfortunately he played in an era where people believed that his success is largely due to Brees. For the longest time the narrative was that Drew Brees was throwing to a bunch of no name receivers while putting up godly stats.

Colston had a lot of really good seasons. But he didn’t have those elite seasons. He barely cracked 1200 yards once. Roddy had 1200 five times. And 1300 three times.

Joe Horn had those type of seasons and really Joe Horn would get in the HOF before Colston. But I don’t think either of them will. I don’t think Roddy will anytime soon either.

Colston 9 more TDs is significant and certainly makes up the difference that White holds in the other categories.

I'd consider these 2 a draw and favor Colston because he was a huge part of why we won a ring.

Don’t know what White has done to deserve any real consideration to begin with.

This sums up Colston perfectly:

rgdj7.jpg

Colston had a lot of really good seasons. But he didn’t have those elite seasons. He barely cracked 1200 yards once. Roddy had 1200 five times. And 1300 three times.

Joe Horn had those type of seasons and really Joe Horn would get in the HOF before Colston. But I don’t think either of them will. I don’t think Roddy will anytime soon either.

White had more than 140 targets in all those seasons to get those numbers. Most of them he got 170+ targets.

Colston cracked 140 targets only once in his career.

Can't ding Colston for being more efficient. Though neither will ever get in.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom