Rodgers closing in on a new deal (1 Viewer)

There should be a cap on these contracts. In 15 years Qb's will be making 50 million a year at this rate

$20 million should be the max money for a QB. There's no logical reason for it to continue inflating if you're going to keep a salary cap in place. I'm surprised GM's or mainly owners haven't brought that up at the owners' meeting since they constantly want to make changes everywhere else. These QB deals are going to be the death of team's salary caps really soon

matthews contract is up soon too, and he is likely going to ask for revis money (15-16 per). will be interesting to see how they manage.

I wonder if/when we'll start seeing teams balk at paying such crazy numbers and choosing instead to go younger and cheaper at QB. Insane, I know, but these mega-deals can completely rock a team's cap.

It's the teams decision whether the player is worth it or not. If they're dumb enough to pay it, then losing is the consequence. No need for angst over it...

I really think the nfl should guarantee one contract off the cap for every team..a player handicapping your team up to 20% of all the salaries is really hurting.

And of course i hope the failclowns give ryan 30 mlns x year. It would be sweet indeed.

I hope he signs the biggest contract ever, by far. Then, I hope ATL and DAL has to up their QB payments. Let everyone else pay more than we do.

I really think the nfl should guarantee one contract off the cap for every team..a player handicapping your team up to 20% of all the salaries is really hurting.

And of course i hope the failclowns give ryan 30 mlns x year. It would be sweet indeed.

They had a lengthy lock out 2 years ago in order to get the cap back to what the owners think is fair. Now they are going to agree to blow that all up for a soft cap system? Not going to happen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom