Rodgers or Brees: Which Quarterback's Legacy took a Huge Hit (2 Viewers)

Brees: Played banged up for the majority of the season and still got to the postseason. If a few turnovers had not occurred, they would defeat Tampa Bay.

Rodgers: Healthy all season, fifth NFC Championship Game appearance, and number seed locked up. Could not take advantage of Tom Brady's three turnovers.

So which QB is it?

What a misguided thread. Neither did, both will be appreciated for the totality of their careers.

Not one game.

Brees: Played banged up for the majority of the season and still got to the postseason. If a few turnovers had not occurred, they would defeat Tampa Bay.

Rodgers: Healthy all season, fifth NFC Championship Game appearance, and number seed locked up. Could not take advantage of Tom Brady's three turnovers.

So which QB is it?

Honestly, neither should. But if I have to choose then it’s Rodgers.

Brees was never thought of as a generational talent or as this freakish QB created in a lab. Folks were claiming that Rodoers would challenge Brady for Superbowls, when his career is all said and done. At this point, Rodgers (going strictly by analysts inane perspective) has underachieved in terms of championships.

Rodgers has had recent back to back chances to go to the big game. He was blown out in one and just lost another, where he could’ve run for the TD. He’s going to take a hit at least for the next few weeks as Tom Brady gets praised and everyone dissects the championship game down to the halftime performance.

Honestly, neither should. But if I have to choose then it’s Rodgers.

Brees was never thought of as a generational talent or as this freakish QB created in a lab. Folks were claiming that Rodoers would challenge Brady for Superbowls, when his career is all said and done. At this point, Rodgers (going strictly by analysts inane perspective) has underachieved in terms of championships.

Rodgers has had recent back to back chances to go to the big game. He was blown out in one and just lost another, where he could’ve run for the TD. He’s going to take a hit at least for the next few weeks as Tom Brady gets praised and everyone dissects the championship game down to the halftime performance.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts

The narrative is already out there that LaFleur let Rodgers down (a bit of it justified).

To me, this will be more “excused” than Brees’ loss.

Both QB’s have Super Bowl wins, both have been considered the best at some point. Sounds like a great legacy to have. Everybody can’t be the GOAT and that’s ok.

So which QB is it?
Anybody who really knows football beyond sports/infotainment narratives would know it’s not as simple as not winning multiple championships.

You have to look at the supporting cast, coaching etc. Brady on top of being a great QB has landed consistently in great situations on balanced teams.

Anybody who really knows football beyond sports/infotainment narratives would know it’s not as simple as not winning multiple championships.

You have to look at the supporting cast, coaching etc. Brady on top of being a great QB has landed consistently in great situations on balanced teams.
Understood, but how many things have bounced Rodgers way the past two seasons.

So I guess folks taking this as a bashing Drew thread when it's actually not.

Legacy schmegacy; Drew Brees brought a championship to New Orleans (something I never thought I'd see) and I'd take him in his prime over everybody. Everything else is just noise.

Aaron is more loved by the media. This will be a hit for him because they always wanted to crown him. Mahomes will surpass Rodgers in two quarters as far as "most talented QB" lore.

The media always hyped Rodgers in the Brady/Montana/Manning tier but now he remains in the tier with Brees.

The narrative is already out there that LaFleur let Rodgers down (a bit of it justified).

To me, this will be more “excused” than Brees’ loss.

For every LaFleur screwed Rodgers there is a “but why didn’t Aaron run for that touchdown”. This may be the first time I’ve ever seen a swelling chorus that honestly dissects Aaron’s shortcomings in championship games. He’s getting plenty of flames thrown his way on Twitter. I was shocked.

So which QB is it?

Brees: 134 yards 1 TD 3 INT 38.1 RATE
Rodgers: 346 yards 3 TD 1 INT 101.6 RATE

This game was once again won by the TB defense who pressured Rodgers all game long. A lesser QB would have been sacked 10 times and gotten beat 28-3. This game was not on Rodgers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom