Roethlisberger with 8-year, $102M deal (1 Viewer)

Thats alot of money. Hes the "guy" in Pittsburgh though. I dont think hes awful. Hes been improving. I know if he never gets back to the Super Bowl he'lll be up there on the list of worst quarterback performance's ever in a super bowl to win a Super Bowl.

Well, they aren't going to get Manning or Brady even if they save all that money for them... I doubt they could find a guy much better than Big Ben, so why not make him your franchise QB? Afterall he already has a ring.

I guess they're thinking that he is a SB quarterback and that he is worth it.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3274467

This guy is an awful quarterback; I don't get it.

The guy has had one sub par season? How is he awful?

In four years he has three seasons with a QB rating over 98. Compare that with Brees who only has 1 season in 7 years with a QB rating over 96. Don't let your predetermined opinion affect your objectiveness. :shrug:

He also has a Super Bowl ring. :shrug:

Edit: To take it a step further he has a career rating of 92.5. Manning has a career rating of 94.7 and Brady has a career rating of 92.9. Brees has a career rating of 89.4. I don't see anything awful about Roth so far. :shrug:

Last edited:
Heres his stats <table class="w655px datatablecell" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="datatabledatahead"><td colspan="4" class="bold" style="text-align: right;">
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td>
</td><td><table class="w655px datatablecell" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="datatabledatahead"><td rowspan="2">Season</td> <td rowspan="2">Team</td> <td colspan="2">
</td> <td colspan="10">Passing</td> <td colspan="4">Rushing</td> <td colspan="2">Fumbles</td> </tr> <tr class="datatabledatahead"> <td>G</td> <td>GS</td> <td>Comp</td> <td>Att</td> <td>Pct</td> <td>Yds</td> <td>Avg</td> <td>TD</td> <td>Int</td> <td>Sck</td> <td>SckY</td> <td>Rate</td> <td>Att</td> <td>Yds</td> <td>Avg</td> <td>TD</td> <td>FUM</td> <td>Lost</td> </tr> <tr class="" onmouseout="this.className=''" onmouseover="this.className='over'"> <td> 2007 </td> <td> Pittsburgh Steelers </td> <td> 15 </td> <td> 15 </td> <td>264</td> <td>404</td> <td>65.3</td> <td>3,154</td> <td>7.8</td> <td>32</td> <td>11</td> <td>47</td> <td>347</td> <td>104.1</td> <td>35</td> <td>204</td> <td>5.8</td> <td>2</td> <td>9</td> <td>3</td> </tr> <tr onmouseout="this.className='rowAlt'" onmouseover="this.className='over'" class="rowAlt"> <td> 2006 </td> <td> Pittsburgh Steelers </td> <td> 15 </td> <td> 15 </td> <td>280</td> <td>469</td> <td>59.7</td> <td>3,513</td> <td>7.5</td> <td>18</td> <td>23</td> <td>46</td> <td>280</td> <td>75.4</td> <td>32</td> <td>98</td> <td>3.1</td> <td>2</td> <td>5</td> <td>2</td> </tr> <tr class="" onmouseout="this.className=''" onmouseover="this.className='over'"> <td> 2005 </td> <td> Pittsburgh Steelers </td> <td> 12 </td> <td> 12 </td> <td>168</td> <td>268</td> <td>62.7</td> <td>2,385</td> <td>8.9</td> <td>17</td> <td>9</td> <td>23</td> <td>129</td> <td>98.6</td> <td>31</td> <td>69</td> <td>2.2</td> <td>3</td> <td>2</td> <td>1</td> </tr> <tr onmouseout="this.className='rowAlt'" onmouseover="this.className='over'" class="rowAlt"> <td> 2004 </td> <td> Pittsburgh Steelers </td> <td> 14 </td> <td> 13 </td> <td>196</td> <td>295</td> <td>66.4</td> <td>2,621</td> <td>8.9</td> <td>17</td> <td>11</td> <td>30</td> <td>213</td> <td>98.1</td> <td>56</td> <td>144</td> <td>2.6</td> <td>1</td> <td>2</td> <td>2</td> </tr> <tr class="datatabledatahead"> <td colspan="4" class="bold" style="text-align: right;">TOTAL</td> <td>908</td> <td>1,436</td> <td>63.2</td> <td>11,673</td> <td>8.1</td> <td>84</td> <td>54</td> <td>146</td> <td>969</td> <td>92.5
</td> <td>154</td> <td>515</td> <td>3.3</td> <td>8</td> <td>18</td> <td>8</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!-- 054 NFL Shop 655px START --> <!-- NFL SHOP TABLE --> <!-- HORZONTAL RULE SEPARATING SHOPPING SECTION --> <hr class="thickbluerule"></td></tr></tbody></table>

What were they thinking? Are you kidding me? I love Ben, I think he's a good guy, and a good QB, but he's NOT the best QB in the NFL (which is the kind of money this is).

Thats about right for a franchise QB over 8 years. He isn't aweful. I think he is slightly overrated, and everytime the guy farts the media goes nuts, but he's still a pretty good QB.

Look i'm sure the Steelers paid what they had to pay. They can't just "start over" at the QB position. They had to get Roethlisberger resigned or they're working from square one again

But $36 million guaranteed? That's just an epic amount of money. And a reminder how flat-out dirt cheap we got Drew Brees for.

He may be over-paid... but he is the opposite of awful... a top 10 QB at least... if not a top 5..
1=P. Manning
2=T.Brady
3=D. Brees
4=C.Palmer
5=T.Romo??....D.Anderson??...J.Cutler??..... B.Rothlesburger???

you could argue any of those guys at #5.....

the top 4 might be able to move around a bit... but they are the top 4 and not too many would argue that

i deffinetly wouldn't say that he was awful. I like him i think he's a good leader and QB in Pittsburgh

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom