Roethlisberger with 8-year, $102M deal (1 Viewer)

I think Ben is the perfect QB for the Steeler's offensive philosophy. A big, bruising QB with a pretty good arm and fairly accurate. They are definately not a pass-first offense (yet anyway), so you need someone durable in the pocket.

Now, Ben might not make sense for everyone, but I think he's a great fit there, and the signing makes perfect sense. And who are you or I to determine the real value the team places on their offensive leader?

I'm actually impressed....the Steelers don't exactly throw money around but that's a big contract. Honestly I've never thought Roethlisberger was a top QB (lowest Superbowl winning QB rating ever by miles). But he is the perfect fit for the Steelers O system. If you tried to put him in Payton's pass heavy, run light complex O system he would struggle. As the Steeler's QB he works.......

Ben's a great QB. One of the best arms in the league. He might not have super stats because of the offense they run. Btw, thats not the biggest deal, he's right under Vick and Manning.

He lead them to a Superbowl, so he deserves it. Nobody here would disagree if we gave Bree's a 100+ mil contract if he got us a ring!

Ben should certainly be in any conversation surrounding a top tier QB. While hes not the best I certainly would rate him in the upper echelon of QBs --

wait bad? didn't have a +100 rating and went something link 30 td 11 ints? I remember him having a great year.

He didn't look awful when he carved us up at the HOF game last pre-season.

Seriously....Awful? I just don't see that. He has a great rating in an offense that is mostly run oriented and he won a Superbowl.

Yeah, lifetime rating of 92.5. That's awful :rolleyes:
Super Bowl champ, AFCCG and 15-1 record his rookie year. What an awful quarterback.

Better than Palmer, by the way.

This guy is an awful quarterback; I don't get it.

"Roethlisberger, who turned 26 on Sunday, is coming off a Pro Bowl season in which he completed more than 65 percent of his passes with a tean-record 32 touchdowns and an efficiency rating of 104.1, leading the Steelers to an AFC North title and the playoffs for the third time in his four seasons."

He just turned 26, he has won a superbowl, is proven and will only get better. Derek Anderson just got $8m a year on the back of half a decent season and a meltdown where he couldn't get the Browns in the playoffs. Drew Brees got a $60m 6 year deal coming off major shoulder surgery. The cap goes up $8m a year. Average guards are getting paid $7m a year (Derrick Dockery, Leonard Davis). Roethlisberger is worth every penny given market rates

Better than Palmer, by the way.

I would argue that Palmer is better than Rothlesburger... I think Ben is right there behind him .. but watching some of the magic between Palmer and 81 and TJ Whosyamomma its hard to put Big Ben ahead of Carson right now... I am not saying he doesnt have what it takes but as of right now in my opinion Palmer is the better of the 2...

on the other hand .. Big Ben to Ward is a brutal combo and the new kid Washington is really comming around .. this could/should be a huge year for Rothlesburger..

off topic but add the Browns and that division is one of the most interesting in the game.. there is no clear favorite out of the 4 teams...

I would argue that Palmer is better than Rothlesburger... I think Ben is right there behind him .. but watching some of the magic between Palmer and 81 and TJ Whosyamomma its hard to put Big Ben ahead of Carson right now... I am not saying he doesnt have what it takes but as of right now in my opinion Palmer is the better of the 2...

on the other hand .. Big Ben to Ward is a brutal combo and the new kid Washington is really comming around .. this could/should be a huge year for Rothlesburger..

off topic but add the Browns and that division is one of the most interesting in the game.. there is no clear favorite out of the 4 teams...

Only reason I put Ben ahead of Carson is that Palmer has two Pro-Bowl receivers to throw to....my 4 year old nephew could complete passes to those two. :hihi:

I agree about the division. IMO the Ravens are still a long way off, but the Bengals, Steelers, and Browns will be battling it. It's arguably one of the best divisions in football right now.

He's one of the best game managers when healthy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom