Roger Clemens.... (1 Viewer)

What's conveniently being ignored is the fact that although Pettitte admitted to using HGH, it was a legal drug at the time. Plus, he used it during rehab to speed up his recovery...certainly not to get an 'edge' on the field. Pettitte did nothing wrong, unless I'm sorely mistaken.

What's conveniently being ignored is the fact that although Pettitte admitted to using HGH, it was a legal drug at the time. Plus, he used it during rehab to speed up his recovery...certainly not to get an 'edge' on the field. Pettitte did nothing wrong, unless I'm sorely mistaken.

Nothing wrong in terms of MLB. Obviously HGH obtained illegally and without a prescription would violate various laws.

He used. Bonds used. Both were blessed athletes who did what alot of other people were doing at the time. They're human. I personally don't care. The sports leagues have testing policies now that are good and will hopefully only improve to keep the future of sports clean. Everyone speaks to their bodies growing. As people age, their bodies grow. Plus, workouts have became a year round must do. He and Bonds were workout warriors. All in all, just move on.

Does anyone know what the reference to the "cat from the NY Mets is about"?

the Mets clubhouse guy is one of the main contributors to the Mitchell Report.

He id'd all those former Mets players.

Again, the phone call left a lot to be desired but I thought his QnA session was money. I especially liked the 'keep your hall of fame votes' line.

He is fighting this big time which is more than I can say for any other player accused. Bonds never fought like this. Pettitte and others say it was a 'one time thing' which is laughable in my book.

Clemens saga continues... ugh.

the Mets clubhouse guy is one of the main contributors to the Mitchell Report.

He id'd all those former Mets players.

Thanks....however, I can't make the connection as to why Clemens would be spending so much time asking about that guy--Kirk Radomski. I've listened to several ESPN, FOX Sports, and other commentators and none of them have touched the reason Clemens would have spent so much time discussing this guy. To me it seems odd that an innocent person would be spending so much time discussing a steroid dealer.

Anyone have any opinion on why Clemens spent a good deal of the conversation on this guy?

"Clemens: The other thing is, I don't know how many months ago it was, I asked you, you know, I didn't know who this cat was in the New York Mets — this guy.

McNamee: I told your guys, man. I told [Jim] Murray, I told him his name. I told Murray.

Clemens: I asked you point blank, I said, do you know who this cat is when we were working. I said there's some rumblings about some guys with the Mets. Do you know who this guy is? You told me no.

McNamee: You know what, I would have told you yes. If you told me, if I remember that, if you told me that, I would have told you yes.

Clemens: I asked you point blank. Randy and them all called me to ask. Said who —

McNamee: I told Jim Murray, I told Jim Murray. I told him. I told him. I sat down with him in Starbucks on the corner where you used to live and I told him the guy's name. And I told him please don't tell Roger yet, but to be careful, but no. If you had asked me, I would have told you that. If you remember, if you remember, I was trying to get with you to talk with you. I was reaching out to you.

Clemens: Brother —

McNamee: I didn't want Kenny around —

Clemens: You were a foot in front of me doing ab work.

McNamee: All right, then, you know what, then I messed up. I should have done. But you know what, if I had remembered that, then I would have told you. I would have told. Like I told — I told Jim Murray his name. I told him to be careful.

Clemens: Again, Jimmy has never told me.

McNamee: He sat down writing on the stupid yellow pad. He took notes. And he said he spoke to Randy. And he said he's covered. And I said, all right, well, don't tell Roger because I don't want to mess up —

Clemens: Nobody said a word to me, just like everything else.

McNamee: Well, I'm telling you the truth. I met with Jimmy in '04, and I told him. I said Jimmy, I just wanted to give you guys a heads up because you better have some information. I'd rather you be prepared than unprepared. And he took all these notes and [unintelligible] —

who cares anymore? It wouldnt surprise me if every MLB star in the 90's was on the juice. Clemens lasted until his mid-forties as a pitcher, if he was abusing steriods his body would have gone to pieces by then right? Lets just get past this whole steriods deal please. I think MLB owes it to the players, they turned a blind eye while homerun records were being broken because it sold tickets and made millions of dollars.

This is my general view as well. It really seemed like a verbal waltz rather than a direct conversation.

i think the issue was, according to the legalities of it all, if Roger would have made any comments that sounded like he was trying to influence McNamee into saying something he could be accused of trying to influence a witness. So i guess he has to just leave it hanging out there hoping McNamee would recant his statements on his own.

thats the case with Bonds as well

it wasnt a legal drug, but you are correct not against MLB rules, in the same way the NBA used to not do anything about positive THC tests, illegal drug but not a League violation.

now a spedup recovery is an advantage, mainly to the team since an ailing player can be back on the field quicker

as far as anyone being charges for using there substances, all the statements from McNamee and the other guy are being given so that can stay out of jail, any statements they make regarding them injecting a player would have to be corroborated by a third party as McNamee is a conspirator and his testimony alone is not enough to charge someone.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom