Roger Goodell needs to Apologize to us. (1 Viewer)

NeutronSaint

Mmmm....Football
Reaction score
Warning Long Post. Venting.

Man, today just sucks. Didn't sleep well, taking down all my Saints decorations from the party yesterday, and can't shake the anger. This one is just different. You can talk dropped passes, bad clock management, turnovers, but in the end none of that matters, if they throw the flag. Two refs in PERFECT position to make the OBVIOUS call. It's Game Over. We are kicking a chip shot field with less than 10 seconds remaining. Then they throw salt in the wound, and call Sean Payton right before his press conference and say they blew the call! Actually, two penalties should have been thrown. And now we are learning the two refs have ties to L.A. I'm not a conspiracy guy, but I thought the NFL was smarter than that. We are know, the NFL invested a lot moving two teams to L.A. You can't tell me, the NFL wasn't secretly rooting for the Rams, hoping to stir some excitement for that market and sell some Personal Seat Licenses for that new billion dollar stadium. The whole thing just stinks. If this happens to Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady, the NFL pundits are going insane! Roger Goodell needs to get in front of a press conference and apologize to the Sean Payton, the Saints and the fanbase.

We need the local sports writers to keep pressure on the NFL, we need to make a strong statement toward the NFL. Show them, even though we are a small market, Our, PASSION is unmatched, unwavering, and we are worth more than the second biggest market in the NFL. I'm am torn between hoping this is the least watched and least attended Super Bowl of all time, to wanting us the Who Dat Nation, to take over ATL, and start a WE WERE ROBBED chant during every live broadcast. I just feel like this is the end of my love of football, it will never be the same. I'll be a 90 year old man, screaming about us being robbed of a Super Bowl.

Black Mirror, Season 1, Episode 1. Goodell needs to go down that road for me to be satisfied.

The NFL has decided not to even acknowledge there was a blown call. There will never be an apology

I'll be over here holding my breath.

Warning Long Post. Venting.

Man, today just sucks. Didn't sleep well, taking down all my Saints decorations from the party yesterday, and can't shake the anger. This one is just different. You can talk dropped passes, bad clock management, turnovers, but in the end none of that matters, if they throw the flag. Two refs in PERFECT position to make the OBVIOUS call. It's Game Over. We are kicking a chip shot field with less than 10 seconds remaining. Then they throw salt in the wound, and call Sean Payton right before his press conference and say they blew the call! Actually, two penalties should have been thrown. And now we are learning the two refs have ties to L.A. I'm not a conspiracy guy, but I thought the NFL was smarter than that. We are know, the NFL invested a lot moving two teams to L.A. You can't tell me, the NFL wasn't secretly rooting for the Rams, hoping to stir some excitement for that market and sell some Personal Seat Licenses for that new billion dollar stadium. The whole thing just stinks. If this happens to Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady, the NFL pundits are going insane! Roger Goodell needs to get in front of a press conference and apologize to the Sean Payton, the Saints and the fanbase.

We need the local sports writers to keep pressure on the NFL, we need to make a strong statement toward the NFL. Show them, even though we are a small market, Our, PASSION is unmatched, unwavering, and we are worth more than the second biggest market in the NFL. I'm am torn between hoping this is the least watched and least attended Super Bowl of all time, to wanting us the Who Dat Nation, to take over ATL, and start a WE WERE ROBBED chant during every live broadcast. I just feel like this is the end of my love of football, it will never be the same. I'll be a 90 year old man, screaming about us being robbed of a Super Bowl.
He needs to do a lot more than apologize. He needs to fix this mess. When I say I fix I don't just mean issuing a statement. I mean he needs to fix this.

This league is a shell of its former glorious self.

He needs to do a lot more than apologize. He needs to fix this mess. When I say I fix I don't just mean issuing a statement. I mean he needs to fix this.

The Saints should be given free pass interference for the entire next season.

You think hell froze over when we won the Superbowl? Hell will need to thaw out and freeze over a 2nd time for this to happen. No shot.

There was a thread concerning how Gayle Benson should handle this. If I'm Mrs. Benson and the Saints organization, I am furiously calling the league office and flying to their headquarters right now if necessary.

You have thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of fans now upset and with complete lost faith in the product saying they can't watch the NFL anymore. That the credibility of the league can not be trusted anymore. And the majority of them are Saints fans. That should scare them and the league needs to understand what this type of bogus call can do damage-wise to a franchise.

If they choose to do nothing, that proves the NFL truly does not care if their actions cause a small market team to vaporize. And all the "fans" telling us to stop whining and there were "other" non-calls that even it out will find that out in the future when it happens to them. NOT IF, but when.

Send a message to Mr. Goodell either phone message, email or with the petition that now has close to 200,000 signees..That is about all we can do, but he won't change anything as that is the result they were hoping for - prop up the LA market...Just disgusting and frankly even for the NFL beyond belief!!

Goodell apologizing won't help me feel any better about what happened.

Giving us back our draft picks might help ease the pain... nominally.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom