Rogers-Farve, Young-Montana, Brady-Bledsoe, Brees-Bridgewater? (1 Viewer)

NOFALCONS10

Not a part of your system
Reaction score
I was having this conversation earlier with my brother, If Bridgewater goes 7-1 in Brees' absence does this mark the last season in New Orleans for Brees even if he does get his job back this season?

Given Bridgewater's talent, the salary cap, Drew's willingness to play until 50, and the type of team we are building on Defense, is the smart money just to move on like the 9ers and Packers did from Montana and Farve and go with the younger guy?

The strategy also seemed to work out for Dallas with Prescott and Romo but the reverse happened in Philly with Wentz and Foles.

Thoughts?

I was having this conversation earlier with my brother, If Bridgewater goes 7-1 in Brees' absence does this mark the last season in New Orleans for Brees even if he does get his job back this season?

Given Bridgewater's talent, the salary cap, Drew's willingness to play until 50, and the type of team we are building on Defense, is the smart money just to move on like the 9ers and Packers did from Montana and Farve and go with the younger guy?

The strategy also seemed to work out for Dallas with Prescott and Romo but the reverse happened in Philly with Wentz and Foles.

Thoughts?

I think this is way too premature. I also tend to think he leaves on his own terms.

That said, re-signing Brees next year if he wants to play is going to be difficult. He's hasn't been one to go below market value and losing key players is becoming a very real scenario.

I think this is way too premature. I also tend to think he leaves on his own terms.

That said, re-signing Brees next year if he wants to play is going to be difficult. He's hasn't been one to go below market value and losing key players is becoming a very real scenario.

Brees understands his legacy, he's not going to go to another team over money, nor sacrifice a title shot.

Unlike others, I don’t think it’s a given that Bridgewater will bolt after this season. What opportunities are going to exist for him that will be considerably better than waiting it out here? He’s only 26, and while I’m sure he’s anxious to be a starter, if that was all that mattered, he’d be a Dolphin right now.

The money can get tricky if the team is having to sign both QBs, but that can get worked out depending on what the interests are for all involved.

Unlike others, I don’t think it’s a given that Bridgewater will bolt after this season. What opportunities are going to exist for him that will be considerably better than waiting it out here? He’s only 26, and while I’m sure he’s anxious to be a starter, if that was all that mattered, he’d be a Dolphin right now.

The money can get tricky if the team is having to sign both QBs, but that can get worked out depending on what the interests are for all involved.

If a team offers him $15million or more a year, no way he stays here to be a backup. Unless drew says he’s for sure retiring after this year or next. He’s a proven winner now. His paycheck is growing exponentially every week

If a team offers him $15million or more a year, no way he stays here to be a backup. Unless drew says he’s for sure retiring after this year or next. He’s a proven winner now. His paycheck is growing exponentially every week

Which teams do you see having an opening and will be willing to throw that kind of money at TB? I’m not suggesting those won’t exist, but a lot of teams are currently set with established veterans or developing players. Then, by all accounts, this draft is strong at QB. Cincy, Tennessee, Pittsburgh, New England can make the transition to a rookie (and playing on a rookie deal).

Not saying there won’t be any opportunities for Teddy that he likes, but I don’t think it’s the certainty you and others see.

Which teams do you see having an opening and will be willing to throw that kind of money at TB? I’m not suggesting those won’t exist, but a lot of teams are currently set with established veterans or developing players. Then, by all accounts, this draft is strong at QB. Cincy, Tennessee, Pittsburgh, New England can make the transition to a rookie (and playing on a rookie deal).

Not saying there won’t be any opportunities for Teddy that he likes, but I don’t think it’s the certainty you and others see.

I'm guessing Cincinnati for one... I'm guessing Zac Taylor and Andy Dalton may not last together... although the Bengals have many needs besides QB...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom