Rolando McClain (1 Viewer)

I remember the first couple of years, i saw him on tv and i thought he was a DT he was so..BIG..not in a good way. I'd love to give him a try anyway, at the very least he can be serviceable against the run i think

just give him a 1 year deal where it doesn't hurt Saints if he gets cut

Do we really need another ILB? Any other ILB we bring in will be a special teams demon but I do like McClain.

Yes. Curtis Lofton is the only one I am sold on. Hawthorne or Vilma might be okay but we need three good ones (all at affordable salaries).

I don't care who we have if you can get McClain you do it. Guy is a Montser and dominated in oakland just had off field trouble. I think he could turn around with better leadership and being around Vilma. Could be a top 5 LB in our scheme next year.

I'd say no. Some guys are so full of themselves, that theres no way to humble them. Everything about McClain is just plain bad. From his play on the field, to how he conducts himself off it. I know that people deserve a second chance, but some people are just straight up fools, and this guy strikes me as one of them. If we sign McClain, we may as well sign Titus Young, and call Maurice Clarett in for a work out. I think it says a lot that the Raiders, given how bad they are on D, dont want to even try to keep him.

McClain was a monster coming out of Bama. Besides being a freak athlete, he seemed to have strong game instincts on the field. it sounds like he cashed his contract and became a head case. If Ryan could get him thinking straight, he could be a steal. But that sounds like a Big If

I'd say no. Some guys are so full of themselves, that theres no way to humble them. Everything about McClain is just plain bad. From his play on the field, to how he conducts himself off it. I know that people deserve a second chance, but some people are just straight up fools, and this guy strikes me as one of them. If we sign McClain, we may as well sign Titus Young, and call Maurice Clarett in for a work out. I think it says a lot that the Raiders, given how bad they are on D, dont want to even try to keep him.

When he played in a true 3-4 system (2011) he had 99 tackles, 5 sacks and 13 pass def. That’s pretty good for a second year pro on the Raiders. His play fell off when the switched the scheme. So his play on the field was pretty good. Does he have a few issues sure he does, but who doesn't? Maybe getting in trouble and being cut will serve as a wake-up call to Rolo. Truth of the matter is this.....there isn't a free agent out there with a higher ceiling than McClain.

I have been very proud of the fact that our team doesn't mess with players who have character issues. If anyone can give me an example of an instance in which we did I would love to hear it. I cannot think of anybody since SP has been here.

I have been very proud of the fact that our team doesn't mess with players who have character issues. If anyone can give me an example of an instance in which we did I would love to hear it. I cannot think of anybody since SP has been here.

Anthony Hargrove

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom