Roll Call for Those Who Were There (1 Viewer)

I was in that number. Then it was section 106.

i was there! Section 622, the end zone where DeLoach recovered Gleason’s block.

Primadox and I were there! Bottom level in the end zone where Gleason blocked the punt (also right by the entrance used by U2 and Green Day for half time - almost could have reached down and touched them). Easily the greatest game experience of my life. What a great night! I remember two Falcon fans a few rows behind us. They weren't obnoxious or anything. They cheered some at the beginning of the game, but they were gone after halftime. Everyone else was partying raucously.
Being that close to the blocked punt (it was on our side of the field) was just amazing and so so wild. I'll never forget that night!

Last edited:
Section 121 in the house.
These are proudly hanging in my home office.
Who Dat!!

Attachments

• 20200406_160009.jpg
    20200406_160009.jpg
    666.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 20200406_155947.jpg
    20200406_155947.jpg
    547.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
In the End zone Loge. Play developed right in front of me.

My daughter was 11 months old at the time, so she has no idea about it other than me telling her.

But, I just was telling her the story about the noise, the tears, the hugging, the jubilation, etc in the dome when the punt was blocked. I was in the opposite endzone. I remember jumping up and down yelling like never before, and then I just stopped and took it all in for a minute. It was one of the greatest moments, not just sports moments, in my life. To go through everything we went through as a region and to all come together in that moment, it’s one of the greatest moments in all of sports history.

Was in section 318 in 2006. Took that Monday and Tuesday off because I knew I was going to be hoarse and hammered. Ended up being at the Dome almost 12 hours that day and loved every second over (minus cell phones not working).

New birth! Rebirth! Trombone Shorty!

Y'all remember the video in the Dome that preceded the game? I've never seen it since but I remember it moving me to tears. Just a series of players posing and saying, "Who dat!" is all it was but I was so overcome by the moment.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom