Roman Harper loses sacks vs eagles. Changed to minus 6 run by Kolb (1 Viewer)

nolastyle

The Future Has Arrived
Reaction score
Terrible. It was clearly a sack by Roman Harper. He timed it perfectly, so Kolb had no choice but to go down in a heap.

Edit: After watching it about 15 times, it does indeed look like a QB draw, with both slot WRs blocking their DBs. Either way, great timing by Roman Harper.

Last edited:
OP

TheIronSheik

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Terrible. It was clearly a sack by Roman Harper. He timed it perfectly, so Kolb had no choice but to go down in a heap.

I think they thought the play looked like a QB draw. It's a hard play to call cause Kolb is tackled right away. Another second and it would have been an easier to tell if Kolb was running a QB draw

I can only image how the NFL stat guys decide for Vick if he is sacked or negative run. Maybe it could be the action of O-line ifs its a pass or run.

OP

TheIronSheik

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I see no video.

Go to the play by play of the game and the video is at the 3:26 mark of the 2nd qtr, under the part where it said Kolb run for loss of 6 yards.

Live4theSaints

Griffin
Reaction score
I think they actually got this right. If you look at the play, it looks like some O-lineman are starting upfield and you can see D jack or whoever the WR in the middle is starting to block our guys. The thing is, Roman got in their so fast, it didn't even have time to develop. Lame that they switched it, but they prob got it right. Roman will be gettin some off blitzes this year, he'll get it back.

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
Reaction score
I think this is the correct ruling. It didn't look like it was going to be a drop back pass. He made a move towards the LOS at the outset of the play.

Vega$$aint

Resident GoldenTee Junkie
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think it should ever be a correct ruling. If a qb is behind the line he still has the option to pass, so any tackle a.k.a. sack should be considered one.

eric

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom