Romeo Crennel favorite for DC per Mortenson (1 Viewer)

C'mon now don't post false information...... do some research - Wisenhunt changed his starter to Warner the day after that article was posted:

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/2008/08/27/20080827spt-cardswarner.html

Again give me links and the information must be false, not speculation that didn't come true. Feel free to use to article you posted to do do research. I read it before I made the bet.

ok...i see how it works...mort says something, then always follows up with key words and phrases like "if he doesn't" (after reporting it), then it is "speculation" so never a false report.

so, he puts the info out there to be a hero if right, but if happens to have disclaimer tags later in the article, then it was an educated speculation and he escapes with having NOT said conclusively.

then, yes you are right...EVERYTHING that mort has reported on has been 100% right.

so, i will say, this:

inside information has told me that sam mills will be the next DC for the saints. he visited me in my dreams last night, although i don't have proof, he told me so. if sam mills doesn't return from the dead to coach the saints, it is likely they will go with some other, living candidate.

cool...i just made great story too and it will be not wrong due to speculation.

this is just kinda dumb. really.

Not to say parcells got it wrong or what, but i'd like a young and talented dc for a change, instead of one who'll retire in a couple years

Not to say parcells got it wrong or what, but i'd like a young and talented dc for a change, instead of one who'll retire in a couple years

SP might set-up his successor as DB coach, probably someone from college.

I don't care who the Saints get, just fix this defense and develop these players. Crennel is proven, he is from the Parcells tree, it makes sense if this is the hire. I often wonder if Mangini is in the mix to be DB coach like the "report" said awhile back. I could see that working out, Crennel, Mangini then Mangini getting a promotion once Crennel hangs it up.

Why do you think that he'll retire in a few years? There are coaches who are much older than him. I'm also not sure why you think the unnamed "young and talented" guy would stay any longer. That person would likely leave sooner than Romeo would retire.

We should have people lining up. How can a position coach *not* relish the opportunity to coach a D that will be viewed as successful as long as it doesnt break the record for WORST D EVER. To coach a D that will be given license to take risks, since the offense has Drew Brees and can put up 28+ points per game. To coach a D and be able to do whatever you want.

For these reasons, I want someone young, new, and hungry. I dont need another failed head coach who just wants to relax and take it easy as *just* a DC.

I honestly don't care who is named at this point, just take someone that is willing to adjust. No more "scheme trumps talent" guys, it didn't work with Spags and I doubt it will work going forward.

We should have people lining up. How can a position coach *not* relish the opportunity to coach a D that will be viewed as successful as long as it doesnt break the record for WORST D EVER. To coach a D that will be given license to take risks, since the offense has Drew Brees and can put up 28+ points per game. To coach a D and be able to do whatever you want.

For these reasons, I want someone young, new, and hungry. I dont need another failed head coach who just wants to relax and take it easy as *just* a DC.

Seriously. I submitted my resume for DC. I mean even if its the second worst defense, they still improved.

Ill just steal a playbook from Madden 13 and call it good.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

With national signing day tomorrow, it could be a college coach like Kirby Smart or Grantham that Payton is going after?

According to Gil Brandt, Rob Ryan and Romeo Crennel are the top candidates.

Gil Brandt

I really do not want Rob Ryan as DC.

Gil Brandt

Neither me. He's put together some solid defenses, but all his defenses seem to lack mental focus for some reason. Not to mention the Buddy Ryan Bounty connection (one that Jeff Dunkhead is already making on twitter).

Gil Brandt

So we have Mortenson saying Crennel was given Parcells blessing to Sean yesterday and now today Gil Brandt saying Crennel and Ryan. I am willing to bet its Crennel 80%/ Ryan 20%. Did all of Romeo staff leave Kansas City with him?

Really ya'll are busting on Chris Mortensen? He invented NFL insider information.

I'll make a $100 SR donation if anyone can provide 2 or more examples of him saying anything false. Links must be provided, and the information must be false, not speculation that didn't come true.

Crennel was never contacted by Saints | ProFootballTalk

boy...i guess mortensen SPECULATED wrong again.

i can definitely say that we are going to hire someone who is a surprise to all of us...someone no would have expected. my inside info says so. BUT, if we end up not, we will go with someone who was popular choice or someone completely different. it's great, i am never wrong!

welcome to "insider" journalism.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom