Romeo Crennel favorite for DC per Mortenson (1 Viewer)

I'm tired of retreads. Though if we must retread, Crennel works for me. But I'm ready for a younger mind with something dynamic and fresh.

I don't see how Romeo can't be "dynamic". He has shown in the past that he is a great defensive coordinator. Getting a young guy for the sake of saying that you got a young guy isn't a good method of doing things.

Letting slip that Crennel is getting strong consideration will certainly help in terms of the league's new push to consider minority coordinator candidates.

if it was Crennell we would of picked him up already we dont have alot of time to build a coaching staff on defense so we may really want to go through the process.

my thoughts exactly! It's obviously a 49ers/Ravens coach or a college coach.

or Coach is doing his due diligence and interviewing all comers

LINK? or opinion?

seriously you need a link for something aired on tv?

I'd be very surprised if it's Crennel, given this:

:idunno:
that means squat. plenty of coaches have taken jobs while still being paid/supplemented from other teams.

Crennel=rooney rule

rooney rule has zero to due with coordinators..............yet

If Romeo is the favorite (and we don't know that) then maybe it is taking time to convince him to take a 2 year vacation, or retirement.

I am sure that if Parcells recommended a plan B, it may be Pepper Johnson who played and coach under Bill, and you can say that he is the younger version of Romeo.

I still don't have a clue if this is what is happening, if they are seeking permission to interview other people, or waiting for a college coach.

Until we hear about interviews, we can have a solid idea.

Not forgetting also, we need a new run coordinator...

Crennel=rooney rule

Comments like this with no context are, intriguing, to say the least. Please expound? Do you think he has NO chance at the getting the job? Do you think he's under qualified and only getting consideration because he's a minority. (FYI, the "Rooney Rule" has not been expanded to included assistant positions, but may be in the future per Goodell's state address during Super Bowl week.)

I'd be very surprised if it's Crennel, given this:

:idunno:

I mean technically if they really wanted Crennel to come here, couldn't they buy out the rest of his Chiefs contract, and then just pay him.

Would be shelling out a lot of money for a coordinator, but if the Ravens/49ers deny permission for their Staff members and we start getting desperate.

I mean technically if they really wanted Crennel to come here, couldn't they buy out the rest of his Chiefs contract, and then just pay him.

Would be shelling out a lot of money for a coordinator, but if the Ravens/49ers deny permission for their Staff members and we start getting desperate.

the way it usually works is like this. the Chiefs owe hime 3.5m per year. The Saints can hire him for 1m per years then Chiefs owe him 2.5m.

Why would he take a pay cut to work? Doesn't that defy human nature? I think that he will be the defensive line coach.

Comments like this with no context are, intriguing, to say the least. Please expound? Do you think he has NO chance at the getting the job? Do you think he's under qualified and only getting consideration because he's a minority. (FYI, the "Rooney Rule" has not been expanded to included assistant positions, but may be in the future per Goodell's state address during Super Bowl week.)

Its ignorance because the looney rule only applies to head coaches.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom