Romeo Crennel favorite for DC per Mortenson (1 Viewer)

jokerface

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
On NFL 32 Chris Mortenson said Romeo Crennel was favorite to be hired this week as DC. Sean Payton has been seeking Bill Parcells help and the tuna has given Romeo the highest recommendation for the job. If you recall in the Joe Vitt transcripts Parcells was the one who recommended Sean get Greg Williams as his DC. We shall see...

I'm tired of retreads. Though if we must retread, Crennel works for me. But I'm ready for a younger mind with something dynamic and fresh.

This is going to be interesting....... very very interesting.

Im not particularly for it...but im not against it. However, doesn't Crennel have a history of presiding over 4-3 to 3-4 changes. If so then he gets a +1. I know some people would like a younger guy but I'd take crennel for the fact that he has probably run out of HC chances. He'd be here for a while.

Also u can be sure that as much yap as Payton has spewed about having a better grasp of the complete team hed prefer to have a coordinator tht he can trust to handle things without a damn pay for performance program being implemented.

If thats the case Romeo Crennel is the safest bet.

I think if Payton was set on Romeo he would have already been hired. I think Payton and Loomis must want to at least interview someone on either the Ravens or 49ers staff

if mort says crennel, it will almost assuredly be someone else.

Mort didn't say Crennel....Bill Parcells is saying Crennel. You know that guy Sean Payton was asking to Coach the team for the first 4 games this year. If that info is true I will be shocked if Crennel is not the guy.

Mort didn't say Crennel....Bill Parcells is saying Crennel. You know that guy Sean Payton was asking to Coach the team for the first 4 games this year. If that info is true I will be shocked if Crennel is not the guy.

I don't think he is questioning whether SP values Parcells' opinion.

He is questioning the report -- did Parcells make the report or did Mort?

I'm tired of retreads. Though if we must retread, Crennel works for me. But I'm ready for a younger mind with something dynamic and fresh.

and that's why I posted this info. Most people on this site are saying if it was going to be Romeo, we would have already hired him. Everyone is saying it's going to be a younger coach from the 49ers or Ravens assistants. If the info about Parcells recommending Romeo for the job is accurate then you can pretty much take it to the bank that is who Sean will hire.

While we don't know if Parcells recommended Crennel or not, if Mort has it on good report that Coach Parcells is in his corner, that will have a big impact on Coach Payton's decision.

Crennel has had some pretty beastly linebacker units going all the way back to the Patriots and most recently in KC with Houston, Haali, and Johnson.

He's brought along Justin Houston very well which would give me hope for any OLB we draft and Galette's transition to OLB. He also transformed Derrick Johnson's career from trade bait to a Pro Bowler and All Pro.

If it is Crennel we will have a lot more work to do on defense since we have 1 gap personnel and he runs a 2 gap system. Any chance he adjusts to the 1 gap to fit our personnel?

I don't think he is questioning whether SP values Parcells' opinion.

He is questioning the report -- did Parcells make the report or did Mort?

You do realize Mortenson has a good relationship with Parcells and is usually the first break any Parcells related news. Just like Glazer has a good relationship with Payton and is usually first to break Payton/Saints related news? If Mortenson is reporting coach Payton has seeked Parcells advice and he has recommended Romeo then I would not have any doubt the report is false. Especially since we just recently found out in the Joe Vitt testimony that Parcells was the one who recommended Greg Williams.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom