Romo chokes again! (1 Viewer)

I'll give you the one play when he was dragged down outside of the tackle box. Yes he should have thrown that one away. He will learn to do that. The other one though - I am still not so sure on that one. He was inside the tackle box and threw it out of bounds (downfield out of bounds) but didn't appear to be about to get sacked.

Overall though he made plays and kept drives going. Improvised quite abit. I was never sold on the guy but now I see he is the real deal. For being so young the guy does pretty dang good. I wouldn't hang the choke lable or this loss on him.

Overall, I agree. I am not a Romo fan, but that is mostly because he plays for the 'Boys. However your assessment of him in this game, I think is fair.

Additionally, Romo is beginning to show that he has the potential to become a legitimate top flight QB as he gets more actual game experience.

However he is not such a "young" QB. He is almost 28 (April), just one year younger than our own Drew Brees who turns 29 tomorrow. As such I would have to be consider him to be in his prime. What he lacks is not age, but game experience. And he does have the benefit of 5 years in the league which should have him well prepared mentally. Admittedly, though, you cannot truly simulate game speed until you are actually playing and with just 26 starts under his belt, he is still probably getting the feel for that aspect of the game.

Time will tell, but I think Romo will be a decent QB at a minimum and possibly a top tier QB, if he learns to minimize errors in big games. But even if he does not improve beyond what we see today, he is still better than an awful lot of other starting QBs in this league. At least, IMHO. :)

I never said Romo was in the same class as Drew. Where did THAT come from?

Discussing things in here is getting harder and harder.

I also pointed out in a later post a few up that yes taking the sack outside of the tacklebox was a very bad decision. The other one I am not so sure about - he was inside the box and threw it downfield out of bounds or so it seemed. That one was less clear to me.

Overall though I think he will be a good one. He is still young but the kid is a playmaker. I never thought that before...now I do.

Is your name, media?!! I was referencing the media all year puting Romo in the top 3 QBs in the league, ahead of Drew. I just don't know why, after Romo played a less than impressive game, you now think he's gonna be a good one. I think he's a good QB, just not in the top 5 yet.

New York Post hires fake Jessica to be at Dallas game

Didn't really think this deserves it's own thread, so I'll piggyback it on to this one.

No. 9-wearing blonde crashes Cowboys game
FOX Sports said:
Simpson — nicknamed "Yoko Romo" by some superstitious Cowboys fans — didn't show up yesterday, but The New York Post brought Nordstrom, a beautiful, 21-year-old nanny from Bothell, Wash., to Texas Stadium.

The Post sat her in the third row at the 50-yard line behind Dallas' bench. The stunner's Simpson-esque vibes must have made the difference — Romo's final drive was stopped short of the end zone.
7673444_36_2.jpg

More pics here:
http://www.nypost.com/seven/01142008/news/nationalnews/01142008_jessica/photo01.htm

The funny thing is, the Cowboys fans probably really blame J. Simpson more then their own team. Its unthinkable that the Cowboys could of just lost straight up.

The only QB I love to see choke more than Mr. Jessica Simpson is Brett Favre.

I swear that Madden, Romo, and Favre ought to get a room...

Didn't wanna start a whole new thread for this:

Multiple TV sources reporting that Romo reinjured his previously injured thumb on his second throw of the game against the Giants when a pass-rusher swatted at the ball and that it was swollen the remainder of the game.

This is the Kurt Warner show all over again. He goes out and has a bad day, and a couple days later you hear reports that he was injured early in the game. Please...

While I agree that Romo made some mistakes, the loss was far from his fault alone. His line let him down in the second half, the coaches made some questionable calls, and the defense did not do their job either, especially at the end of the first half. The penalties, too, played a big role. I am as happy as the next Cowboy hater that Dallas lost, but to blame it on Romo alone is ridiculous.

Great, maybe the media will stop comparing him to Farve. He aint even close to the player he is.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom